Sitka new Camo: Gore Optifade SubAlpine

TwoTikkas

WKR
I like it. Still in need of a shell jacket and rain gear. I used Sitka gear for the first time in December. Loved it. No more bulky heavy cloths for this old man. Cool pattern.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I surprised they did the jet stream jacket in this but not the Timberline....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the Kimber rifle. Saw it at the Dallas Safari Club show in Dallas...looks good I tell you.
ed0b868d93c25a349c3aebd66593d4aa.png

53b850a1c5e6af283369f9ce2b320ead.png

Get excited!

sneaky

"DADDY"
For being tagged in multiple podcasts as the biggest release for the big game section, not much different. Ascent shirt maybe, thunderhead gators as well. O see they brought a dedicated wind shirt back, good as well. Other than that looks like old hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New lightweight puffy pants too. I'll hold off on making judgement til the full release is up and I can pick through the details. Might just stop in to Mountain-Archery next week and talk to Gordon about it. They sell as much Sitka as anyone so he'll have a good handle on it.

The new ascent pants and the ascent shirt should be sweet for early season hunting...turkey, antelope, and archery stuff. Superlight and vented to help dump heat. Those were the only two things I got excited about.

kodiakfly

WKR
What's the Thunderhead stuff?

And is just me, or have I seen an Optifade bow sling in a couple pics online?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of the Pro Staff have some pretty cool custom items that they had made. Bow sling / cover, pack covers, etc. Everyone once in a while you see them on a post somewhere. Hopefully some of those one offs will make the market. :)

Last edited:

FURMAN

WKR
It is nice to have more options. I think the camo looks great. I still feel Kuiu has the most extensive clothing line and that is what I will stick with for now.

ccarter

FNG
It doesn't look that different than their current Optifade to me. It's almost a Kuiu Verde and Optifade hybrid. I'm sure it works fine. It just doesn't seem that drastically different from what they (and others) already offer. In some of the images they show on their site, like the ones in the really green environments, the guys wearing it really seemed to stand out.