Skree Zipper Suck

chindits

WKR
Help me fight Skree zipper suck on their rain jacket. The wind flap on their rain jacket’s are so flexible they keep getting caught in the zipper. My first answer was to just put duct tape on the flap. It looks pretty ghetto but it works. I had a similar problem years ago on a BA tent flap, so I tried seam sealer to stiffen it. Wrong answer junior. What are you guys doing to essentially stiffen up a fabric to keep it out of the zipper.

Zipper suck
IMG_4826.jpeg

Ghetto tape, I know digi cammo ain’t cool but it’s what I had rolled up on my ski poles

IMG_4839.jpeg

cofen380

Lil-Rokslider
That looks like a waterproof zipper, so my first thought is I’m not sure what the purpose of the flap is anyway. On some garments that are meant to be worn next to skin it makes sense to keep the cold zipper off of your skin, but I’m not sure what the flap on a rain jacket with a waterproof zipper is doing exactly. I have an REI goretex jacket with the same zipper and I’m glad it doesn’t have a flap like that. I guess you could cut off the flap, but I don’t know if you’d be into altering the jacket permanently like that. That’s a tough one, maybe someone else will have a more practical or less permanent solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk