Sky Talus vs Kifaru Fulcrum

I’m looking into both of these packs, I’m wondering if anyone has an opinion on either of the two and if the stone glacier is worth the money.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve had the fulcrum and the SG 7900. Botha re great packs but I settled on the SG7900 because it was about 5lbs lighter (empty) than than the kifaru. I also like the basic layout of the SG packs. For me, frame for was a wash, both the sg and kifaru frame for me well and handled weight well so I went with the lighter option. I’m a big fan of SG packs.

OP
M
Thank you very much for your input, I just got back from a 10 day Caribou hunt and my buddy lent me a pack that was around 5400. I made it work but it was quite small, i’m wondering if the 6900 would be good enough or just go for the 7900 for the extra room.

Thank you very much for your input, I just got back from a 10 day Caribou hunt and my buddy lent me a pack that was around 5400. I made it work but it was quite small, i’m wondering if the 6900 would be good enough or just go for the 7900 for the extra room.
For multi-day hunts, I always err on the larger side for bags.

In regards to Kifaru vs. SG, I've used both and just couldn't get the Kifaru to work for me. You might consider buying both frames and playing with each before making a decision.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
A few years ago went through the same decision. I bought a fulcrum, SG sky talus 6900, and an exo k3 and tried them all out. I liked the fulcrum, it was a very well made bag but I just couldn't get it comfortable with any weight in it. I ended up going with the Stone Glacier because it (and the exo) was very comfortable loaded up with 40 to 60 lbs. The tie breaker for me in deciding between the SG and the Exo was the bigger bag of the Stone Glacier.

madcalfe

WKR
I own a SG sky talus 6900 and a Kifaru Hoodlum on a tactical frame here's my 2 cents,
the SG is lighter. it carries 40-60lbs comfortably without any issues
the kifaru carries 40-60 lbs comfortably but the weight just feels heavier.
the kifaru starts to shine more when your really load it down though.
like 90+ lbs in the kifaru isn't bad at all but when you load the SG super heavy you notice it more.
if that makes sense.
Both are great backpacks I wouldn't hesitate to buy either. I do like the hip belt way more on the kifaru.

jjbloomer

FNG
For multi-day hunts, I always err on the larger side for bags.

In regards to Kifaru vs. SG, I've used both and just couldn't get the Kifaru to work for me. You might consider buying both frames and playing with each before making a decision.
Do the larger SG bags compact down pretty well for a day pack mode?

I can compress my 6900 to daypack size easily and works as a carry on for airlines that way too. Side pockets really aren’t helpful or my favorite so cinch those down and take the lid off and you’re set.