slider sight clearance issue

I just got my new bow and sighted it in and than sighted in my slider. My issue arises when I try to get my sight past 70 it looks like my arrows will hit the housing. How do I get to 100 yards? Bow is impulse 34 shooting arrow of 366.8 grains at 286 fps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Broz

WKR
Your problem is not uncommon. We ran into this last night at 100 with a friends bow. There are sights where only the slider pin moves like the Trophy Taker Option sight by Option Archery. If you want to get to 100 I recommend you look at their oval sight housing with more room for the slider to move down. That should get you to 100. I use their option 6 and with my 20 fixed pin down where I can see it well, my slider will get me to 80 yards and bottoms out. Mine has the round sight housing and I may change to an oval for next year to get out farther. My bow shoots 415 gr arrows at 275 fps.

Jeff

Long draw length, high anchor, low peep height or all of the above will cause this.
In my experience, sometimes the only way around this for some archers Is to find a lower anchor and reset the peep height. Assuming your rest is set so the arrow runs through the center of the burger hole, and d loop is correct.

Interested to hear any other suggestions on this.

gelton

WKR
what kind of sight is it and what are you using to mark your sight tape? A chronograph here will pay dividends. I know with a black gold if you use steve from SandS archerys you tube videos you may bottom out due to the fact that he likes to make his zero flush (I do too) but depending on your bow and arrow weight that may limit your distance on the sight tape, I know with my setup and his instructions I am good to about 85 yards but anything longer will create fletching contact with my sight housing...YMMV...

OP
WyoBowhunter21
what kind of sight is it and what are you using to mark your sight tape? A chronograph here will pay dividends. I know with a black gold if you use steve from SandS archerys you tube videos you may bottom out due to the fact that he likes to make his zero flush (I do too) but depending on your bow and arrow weight that may limit your distance on the sight tape, I know with my setup and his instructions I am good to about 85 yards but anything longer will create fletching contact with my sight housing...YMMV...

Ah now that makes sense. I used Steves method. I did chrono my bow. I use the average of three arrows. (286, 285, 287). I have a multipin accent.

Jay03

WKR
I just got my new bow and sighted it in and than sighted in my slider. My issue arises when I try to get my sight past 70 it looks like my arrows will hit the housing. How do I get to 100 yards? Bow is impulse 34 shooting arrow of 366.8 grains at 286 fps.

What draw weight and length are you shooting with your Impulse 34?

When i sighted the fixed portion on my ascent , i had to begin with the bottom pin [60 yd on a five pin] and put it all the way to the bottom of the sight housing and sight it in first. Make adjustments using the housing for that pin not the individual pin itself. I used the bottom pin as my slider , sighting it in first alleviated the 1/2 "extra space" at the bottom of the sight housing from contacting the fletching once i slide the sight for longer distances

jmez

WKR
How many pins is the slider and how did you set the top pin?

I get 110 yards out of mine with similar speeds and I run out of tape, not clearance.