Slik 634 $150 at Amazon

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Excellent backpacking/hunting tripod. Lots of adjustability for the weight. A bit on the "fragile" side compared to other makes. Fully extend the legs and clean it good with an air compressor when you can. Dirt gets in the adjusters and they become really "grainy" and noisy quite easily.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing this, just picked up the last 634 in stock at this price! Now to decide on a pan-head for binos…let the research begin!

intunegp

WKR
Thanks for sharing this, just picked up the last 634 in stock at this price! Now to decide on a pan-head for binos…let the research begin!

I bought one yesterday (the 634) and after a not small amount of research I decided to try the MTN HNTR fluid head. Also liked the look of the Aziak ball head but I think I'd prefer a pan head for my uses. Considered a Wiser or Tricer LP but wasn't ready to spend that kind of money right now.

Last edited:

rcb2000

WKR
A feature of this tripod that doesn’t get enough attention is that you can remove the bottom post and get it as low as 4” off the ground. This would be useful if you plan on shooting off it .

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a 634 recently too (unfortunately missed the Amazon deal). Patiently awaiting delivery. I decided to pair it with the Tricer LP. Should be a sweet lightweight combo for my Kowa 554 and binos!

Thanks for the tip. Ordered one as I had one previously and it was stolen from camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR

I like this Sirui on a 634, and it just happens to be on sale, haha. I swear I don't work for Amazon.

1687532872567.png

TheCougar

WKR
I picked up the tripod from B&H. I needed one for my son. You can’t beat that price. Thanks for the post.