Small form factor tourniquet

Thanks for this. I had not been aware of the RMT and will be looking to add them to my carry. Is Chinook the OEM or otherwise legit like North American Rescue, Dark Angel, etc.?
It's legit. I did some courses with Bill Rapier (Amtac Shooting). That's what he carries and recommends. I forget the actual manufacturer name but Chinook is a legit source.

It's nice because it's easier for my kids to apply. Turning the windlass seems difficult for younger people.

It's legit. I did some courses with Bill Rapier (Amtac Shooting). That's what he carries and recommends. I forget the actual manufacturer name but Chinook is a legit source.

It's nice because it's easier for my kids to apply. Turning the windlass seems difficult for younger people.
Sweet. I had 2 in my cart there pending this feedback. Thanks.

I would highly recommend people practice using these TQ’s until getting full occlusion- cessation of distal pulse. Multiple versions of CAT TQ’s will break or fail before getting full occlusion on thighs- especially muscular thighs. Why they stayed on the TCCC list is a bit perplexing.
The RAT TQ also has issues, though they are different. The most stable and consistent TQ of the common ones is the SOF-T, and SOF-T wide. The wide is better for at occluding, the regular is faster to apply and much better for one hand use. The SWAT-T has some interesting uses, and it along with the EDC are probably the two best packable TQ’s available.

I guess my experience with the SWAT-T is a bit different than some here. I see this as more of a kid or elderly (not much muscle mass) tq or pressure bandage (excellent use). I’ve tested it and seen it tested on grown adults and have yet to see it be applied where the pulse is stopped on the limb it was applied to. Not saying it can’t in the right conditions but it wouldn’t be what I choose to grab in a life or death situation.

The SOF-Ts are bomb proof and definitely a first choice for me. CATs can work if the windlass doesn’t break (supposedly fixed with Gen 7 version but not 100% sure on that)

No experience with the other two.

SOF-T wide. The older model can be setup much flatter due to its design. I was an EMT for awhile and taken many a TCCC courses and the SOF-T wide was the best for thighs and flat pocket carry. CAT is good but can break and is a little bulky. The Sheriff’s Office I work for and all the local EMS and PD uses CAT but we are slowing switching to SOF-T wide. SWAT-T is good but the Ed last of can degrade overtime especially in a pocket. Granted, the form factor is nice.

I have several CAT tourniquets in my packs, travel bags and vehicles..

Is there a comparable tourniquet of smaller size available?

Looking for something I could slip into my pocket that is not so bulky.

Thanks
This thread has caused me to reassess my bleed control preparedness. Rather than to continue to hijack this tread, I will post another and refer back to this one for the EDC portion. Thanks OP for prompting me to revisit my situation.

Back