Small stoves for tipi

HookUp

WKR
Trying to decide between the Ti wifi goat and the Seek Outside Cub. The Cub is 5 oz heavier. Any one have any input on which one to order? thanks

I happen to have both, the wifi stove and a seek-outside stove. Both in medium, personally I wouldn’t go any smaller. I find both to be great stoves but if I had to pick one over the other it would be the Seek outside. I find that with a little bit of aluminium foil I’m able to choke off the air flow enough with the Seek outside stove and with the right wood I can get a 5 to 6 hour burn. This means only stoking the stove once during the night in the winter.

AKDoc

WKR
I'm not sure the size of your tipi. I have a SO 4 person, and I run the SO medium stove. With two people it's a great combo for me, but I'm not backpacking it in and out...flying and pack rafting.

...I find that with a little bit of aluminium foil I’m able to choke off the air flow enough with the Seek outside stove and with the right wood I can get a 5 to 6 hour burn.

I'd like to hear more about your foil application, if the OP doesn't mind.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
In the same vein, was wondering about using a medium TG wifi in a redcliff pre October.
More of a little help for drying and the mornings than 4th season hot camping.
Anyone use this technique?

R

OP
HookUp

HookUp

WKR
I tent camped last year and froze my arse off. Planning on running the Seek outside lil bug out solo w/stove. I want a light weight stove to warm and recoupe before the next days hunt. The goat stove at 13 oz looks highly packable for the solo hunter.

I'm open to owning two stoves, really eyeballing one for solo hunting.

Davebuech

WKR
I have a small WIFI that I use in my Sawtooth from late Sept through Nov. depending on the temps. EASILY will heat it up /dry out gear in short order. Packs down small and light, easy to assemble and also fits my smaller Supertarp without taking up a lot of space.
I don't mind tending / stoking the fire in the evenings and don't expect an all or even half night burn. Get a properly rated bag for sleeping! Relight it in the AM and in less than 10 minutes Im up in my skivvies having coffee and getting ready to roll.