Seek Outside in Windy Conditions?

So for one of my upcoming hunts I'm taking my daughter and wife into the backcountry with me. I have a hillberg Nallo GT 4 man which I love. However, I love the seek outside and it's ability to have a fire. However, on one or two trips I've had bad luck with the seek outside in wind conditions. I now got the longer stakes and paracord on every guyline loop. I think I'll be fine, just wondering if any of you have had your seek outside teepees withstand horrible wind conditions?

Mine did great - high wind hail snow rain

Obviously always try to position where you have some sort of a wind break.

You bought the good twisted groundhog stakes. Learn how to use the “taut-line hitch” to adjust the lines to the stakes

Don’t worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 man in high wind. Which is preferable: guy outs in 8 man configuration or flexi pitch with no guy outs?

Flexipitch is when you set the tent up as a 6 man. The guyouts becomes the base. It then has the same diameter as their 6 man tipi. So it would be smaller in the wind but no guyouts.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
Flexipitch is when you set the tent up as a 6 man. The guyouts becomes the base. It then has the same diameter as their 6 man tipi. So it would be smaller in the wind but no guyouts.
Okay that's right, yes I would still do the guy out method and I would get there extra long tent stakes. Those really help

ethan

WKR
I have my Redcliff in 50 mph winds and it did great. But I don't think "peaceful nights rest" comes to mind in any tent with really high winds ....hahaha

Broadhead

FNG
Last September in central Montana we left camp for an evening hunt and a nasty storm blew in with 60+mph winds. Came back to camp after dark and thought someone had stolen the Redcliff. Come to find out the Seek Outside carbon center pole had snapped, all stakes and guy-lines were still in the ground, and tent was still secured (thankfully). Was lucky to have brought another tent as a backup since there weren't any great center poles lying around. Note that Seek did not warranty the pole due to the inclement weather. Not sure if it was a weak pole or too much pressure on it. Either way, I'm a little spooked when the wind picks up now.

Sawtoothsteve

Lil-Rokslider
8 man survived sustained winds on the Alaska Delta a few years back. We had every guy out utilized and rocks on top of the stakes. Garmin weather report forecast 70mph and When we came out of the field, that was verified. All came out ok and wouldn't hesitate to ride out another storm like that in the 8 man.

4th_point

WKR
Come to find out the Seek Outside carbon center pole had snapped, all stakes and guy-lines were still in the ground, and tent was still secured (thankfully).

Note that Seek did not warranty the pole due to the inclement weather. Not sure if it was a weak pole or too much pressure on it. Either way, I'm a little spooked when the wind picks up now.

Did you happen to ask which of the poles is stronger and more appropriate for high winds, the carbon or alloy?

4th_point

WKR
8 man survived sustained winds on the Alaska Delta a few years back. We had every guy out utilized and rocks on top of the stakes. Garmin weather report forecast 70mph and When we came out of the field, that was verified. All came out ok and wouldn't hesitate to ride out another storm like that in the 8 man.

Factory alloy pole?