Snow level California

Beastmode

WKR
Went for a hike with my wife this weekend in the Sierras east of Fresno, Ca. At 9,000 feet the snow was patchy. Northern aspects mainly but still patchy on them as well. I was very surprised as this is unheard of in February. These are snow conditions I'm used to seeing in late may! The ground was very dry as well, crunchy branches and pine needles. This drought is gonna hit us again this year.

bobhunts

WKR
Funny that you mentioned that. I was talking with my dad while checking annual snowfall totals around the country on the net, It seems to be low everywhere except for a few places that always get snow. Southern Colorado is the same. the rest of the state has nominal snow pack. But we have a month and a half to go. Pray for a change in the patterns. And a wet spring and summer.

trkyslr

WKR
I beleive this years totals have already passed last years too. But to recover we need waaaaayyy more.

Yeah. pretty bare here in the Northern Sierra as well. Mount Shasta has 120 % of annual snow pack apparently so they are doing well but thats about it. I hope we get our usual spring dump here. We need it !

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Snow levels about avg up high in Idaho/West Wyoming but way way down when you get into lower elevations. Deer will do well in the short term but we'll need a rainy spring or we'll be hurting later.

Beendare

WKR
Well for the home gamers that don't keep track;
Last year in Ca we had mandatory statewide cutbacks of 20%

NorCal was at 22%.........SoCal was at 3%..........and we ship them most of their water [i might be a little off on those stats but its close enough to give you the idea]

Calbuck

WKR
We need it bad! I think our cleaner cars and no burning of rice stubble, etc is to blame. With no particulate in the air, the water vapor doesn't have anything to collect on and form a raindrop..just a thought