Solar cell phone charger

Titan_Bow

WKR
I use the Goal Zero Nomad 7 with a big Anker 26,800mah battery pack. In all honesty, the Anker will charge my iphone 5 or 6 times on its own, so its probably overkill. But the Nomad out all day will replenish the Anker enough that at the end of a 7 day hunt theres still some juice in the Anker. If Im going for shorter 3, maybe even 5 day hunts, I will just take the battery, and just be conservative with things. it helps that most places Im at, there is no signal, so I am not tempted to jump on Rokslide or watch Youtube videos hahah
I dont think that Nomad 7 will put a full charge on the Anker though, but again, it keeps it "topped off" for the most part

bobr1

WKR
Honestly, I would just recommend a portable charger. I've used mine a ton, and have messed with solar, just a p.i.t.a. most of the time. They are not super lightweight but I can get multiple days on one using my inreach and phone pretty much all day.

Anker portable charger

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've done the solar charger thing and unless I'm going to be out for more the 10 days straight I'll take the weight penalty of a portable charger. If you want my solar charger you can find it somewhere in the weminuche, you're welcome to it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I picked up one of the refurbed goal zero nomads from ebay that was linked in the gear deals section. It is nice, lightweight and charges nicely. As others have said though a battery pack is probably sufficient unless you're carrying multiple high drain devices. I do like having the ability to charge.

SonnyDay

WKR
Before GoalZero was a thing, I bought a Suntactics S5. It’s been great for the past 9 years. Lightweight, fast charging, and tough.