Solo Dall Sheep hunt

Very cool Cory!!! You have more than put in the time and effort to make this happened. So glad things lined up for all that time/effort to pay off for you in a big way!!! Can't wait to hear all the details in person sometime soon!

Beautiful Ram congrats! That has to be quite the adventure to fly yourself in and hunt for sheep in AK.

just what I was thinking.
one of these days i'll get off the beach....
(if anyone knows how I can get a job running a nature boat in glacier ,let me know please.i'm weary of the beach.)

What was the clothing and equipment that you used your hunt? I always like to know what people like. Heading to Alaska for sheep next year. Congrats on your sheep! Got my Mt Goat a few years back. Taught me to pack light. lol

What was the clothing and equipment that you used your hunt? I always like to know what people like. Heading to Alaska for sheep next year. Congrats on your sheep! Got my Mt Goat a few years back. Taught me to pack light. lol

The best piece of equipment I used was my plane... ;-) Without that none of it would have happened! Clothing was Sitka Gear primarily and it has held up to 5 sheep hunts and two goat hunts with no noticeable wear. Boots were Kennetreks and so far they are the most comfortable and durable boot I have used. Also held up to each of those hunts. The only new gear I used this year was a big agnes copper spur tent that worked very well, and a vortex Ranger 1000 range finder that I also loved. It has taken me a while to get my gear where I want it, but for the last few hunts everything has worked very well.

Hunt'n'photos , is that a 7GCBC ? Too cool to have your own plane !

Yes it is. I bought it two years ago to learn in and it has been a fantastic plane! I have had lots of adventures in it in that short time!

Back