Spartan Forge thoughts?

Anybody have updated thoughts on Spartan Forge? Ive been curious on their deer movement predictions and how it compares over all to OnX.

I had it for about a year and got rid of it. Stuck with onx. It provided no extra value to me that onx didn’t already provide but better. The deer prediction apps are useless in my opinion. Most of them are based off bp and temp, plus I found my myself listening to an app to tell me to hunt instead of just hunting when I could.

OP
Adultonsethunter
I had it for about a year and got rid of it. Stuck with onx. It provided no extra value to me that onx didn’t already provide but better. The deer prediction apps are useless in my opinion. Most of them are based off bp and temp, plus I found my myself listening to an app to tell me to hunt instead of just hunting when I could.
I've heard that the maps are more up to date. Had you noticed a difference?

I've heard that the maps are more up to date. Had you noticed a difference?
In the area I hunt which is bfe, onx actually had better maps. It is leaf off imagery versus leaf on with Spartan. I asked about the uav map and this is what they said, “It's a resource we order as we get users. It's insanely expensive but as we grow we fly more”. I may revisit it in a couple years but as of right now I prefer onx.

Spartan Forge bases their “ movement” off algorithms from gps data from all over the country .

I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts featuring Bill, & was checking them out in Chattanooga @ at the Expo in June, he’s always mentioning that the predictions should not be your “end all be all” for hunting times, but just another tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoatPackr

WKR
I use OnX and Spartan Forge. I like them both for different reasons. Satellite images are way better and very current with Spartan Forge.

Kris

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using both for this elk season, both here in Oregon and in Montana. Both of the areas I hunt do not have reliable, consistent cell service, so I need to use Offline maps in both apps. I agree that certain satellite images in Spartan Forge are very good, maybe somewhat better than OnX, but the ones that are downloadable for offline use are not. I found that the Offline maps in OnX (and Basemap for that matter) are much better than Spartan Forge. I like some of the features of Spartan Forge, but I still prefer OnX and Basemap for most of my use. Your mileage may vary if you have reliable cell service where you hunt.

GoatPackr

WKR
I did not realize SF maps were different when downloaded. I like both SF and OnX and use them both.
For SF being new I think it has a lot of potential in the future.
I'm planning to renew my subscription in 7 months when it's time.
I don't see OnX being worth the $$$ they want. I still continue to pay for it though. Hopefully SF gets a good enough product out soon and I'll cancel OnX if they don't lower their price.

I like the fact that spartan forge topo are in 10 ft intervals. I thought onx was supposed to have the 10 ft. Intervals but it's not yet on my app. In my opinion 40 ft. Intervals is useless in the mountains.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Kdye01

FNG
I just got it a few weeks ago and haven’t used it. I have been using onx and HuntWise. Images are better on HuntWise than Onx. I am interested to see how SF compares to them as well

rw79

FNG
I like the lidar for e-scouting as it does give you a better look at the landscape that can't be seen from topos or satellite images. I used the AI predictive deer movements all year for whitetail hunting in Ohio and it did not help at all imo. The deer movement predictions are very general, like "deer will stay in their home range today"; "deer will be moving in random patterns today", etc. Their AI feature is not predictive or accurate yet. I do think that in a few years the AI aspect will be much more beneficial if it can be applied to a specific area.