Spend 3K

Jmort1754

WKR
On a FFP 18-24-32 max scope.

Have a bit more in the budget for the gun.

Mave RS1.2 was there but it's not available

Looked at the 3.2 but noone can give me good or bad.

Looked at the nx8 4-32

Range and hunting

Can get an ATACR 4-20 for a good price 2k is that the best scope in that range right now?

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
If I had 3K available right now for a high mag scope I’d backorder a Minox ZP5 5-25 w/THLR reticle from EuroOptic or BH Photo.

If I wanted a scope immediately I’d buy another NF ATACR 4-16x42 w/Mil-R reticle.

If next month is ok, I’d order a Maven RS1.2 w/SHR-Mil reticle and spend the rest on ammo.

If I had 3K available right now for a high mag scope I’d backorder a Minox ZP5 5-25 w/THLR reticle from EuroOptic or BH Photo.

If I wanted a scope immediately I’d buy another NF ATACR 4-16x42 w/Mil-R reticle.

If next month is ok, I’d order a Maven RS1.2 w/SHR-Mil reticle and spend the rest on ammo.
This sounds like what I'd do too.

I'd be buying that NX8 4-32 and calling it done. It ticks a lot of boxes and has a good record to support it for durability.

At 3K, I would buy an S&B PMII 3-12, but sounds like you want more magnification. This 5-25 is in your price range, heavy though. https://www.eurooptic.com/Schmidt-B...1cm-ccw-DT-ST-Riflescope-677-911-41C-90-.aspx

The NX8 has a pretty busy reticle, not what I would want.

The Maven RS1.2 should be available next month based on what Maven told me a while back.
There is more than one option for reticles in the NX8. A less busy reticle option is the MilC if you aren't looking for a Christmas tree.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 also Element Optics Theos 6-36x56 they both have incredibly wide FOVs extremely hard to look through anything lesser for me except for the Arken EP5s actually due to their massively wide FOV looking through them. In fact much wider than all of my NF scopes.

Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 also Element Optics Theos 6-36x56 they both have incredibly wide FOVs extremely hard to look through anything lesser for me except for the Arken EP5s actually due to their massively wide FOV looking through them. In fact much wider than all of my NF scopes.
Don't get me wrong the Razor G3 is a great scope but it's 45oz so for hunting I'm not sure it's a great pick. I say that as someone who will be hunting with one this fall due to limited budget to buy an actual hunting scope for now.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Don't get me wrong the Razor G3 is a great scope but it's 45oz so for hunting I'm not sure it's a great pick. I say that as someone who will be hunting with one this fall due to limited budget to buy an actual hunting scope for now.
NF NX8 4-32x50 for lighter weight but FOV isn't as massive and eyebox finiky on their upper magnification range.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like my uneducated opinion (the NX8 line are not scopes I'm interested in as I like a top magnification range of about 10x) is justly corrected. I thought it only came with the Christmas tree.

Looks like my uneducated opinion (the NX8 line are not scopes I'm interested in as I like a top magnification range of about 10x) is justly corrected. I thought it only came with the Christmas tree.
All good! Out of interest and on a tangent, what is your preferred scope under 10x?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
All good! Out of interest and on a tangent, what is your preferred scope under 10x?
There is not one unfortunately.

A more detailed explanation if you want it:
In part because I'm picky and it must be FFP, mil/mil, have a simple reticle with subtensions, and as I'm the unlucky type, I prefer brands that tend to be more consistently reliable. The SWFA 3-9 is very close, but lacks illumination, and is not available. I just have to settle for scopes with more magnification that I want, but there are a few that work in the 15x and under range. Right now I have an S&B Klassik 3-12, SWFA 3-9, SWFA 6x. If money allowed, I would try a Maven RS1.2 and an S&B PMii 3-12. If I had 10K left over after getting those, I would buy some brands I trust less, but like the features of, and play with them.

There is not one unfortunately.

A more detailed explanation if you want it:
In part because I'm picky and it must be FFP, mil/mil, have a simple reticle with subtensions, and as I'm the unlucky type, I prefer brands that tend to be more consistently reliable. The SWFA 3-9 is very close, but lacks illumination, and is not available. I just have to settle for scopes with more magnification that I want, but there are a few that work in the 15x and under range. Right now I have an S&B Klassik 3-12, SWFA 3-9, SWFA 6x. If money allowed, I would try a Maven RS1.2 and an S&B PMii 3-12. If I had 10K left over after getting those, I would buy some brands I trust less, but like the features of, and play with them.
That's a fair answer, and a great line up of scope suggestions. I'm a FFP MRAD guy but for my high country build I compromised and mounted a SHV 3-10 MOAR reticle with parallax. It's such a phenomenal feature set and power range. I wish it was at least in mrad though

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I sold my NX8 and got a Zeiss S3. It was MOA and since I started shooting PRS and NRL hunter I moved to MIL. It also had an eyebox I just couldn't stand. When you are in a rush with limited time having a little more forgiving eyebox is huge to me. The S3 eyebox is very comfortable, only scope I've shot that's better is the Mark 5HD I use for PRS.

I've also beat the hell outta the S3 and its holding up great. Even had the stupid automatic steps on my truck mash the scope and it didn't shift zero at all. Using the UM Premier Rings which helps.

Ken