Spine question

I’m looking to cut my arrows an inch shorter how much stiffer is that gonna make the arrow if I go from 30 to 29 inches? Also idk if it matters but they’re 400 spine Easton axis

There is no standardized method/unit to measure dynamic spine. You could plug your setup into the spine calculator on 3 Rivers Archery's website and see how much the numbers change between 30" and 29" to get an idea. But regardless of what the calculator says, the only way to truly judge the change in stiffness is to try it. I would suggest shortening and testing the arrow in 1/4" increments instead of chopping off a full inch all at once.

Wrench

WKR
Agreed....it's near impossible to guess as it all depends on the shaft, centershot, draw length and probably the moon phase too.

oldgoat

WKR
I’m just gonna go 1/4” at a time until its a little stiffer and @Wrench moon phase gave me a chuckle that’s pretty funny
And just cut one of them down and shoot the shit out of it till the moon phase shifts and it's flying true and try broadheads on it too, as my now passed dear friend Bert from rmsgear told me years ago, you can't cut them longer if you take too much off!

OP
R
Ok one last question just for the sake of time if I’m tearing a little weak with 200 total up front on a bare shaft and I’m bumping up to 250gr like I said just for sake of time and not have my guy at the the shop cut my arrow to many times could I just jump with a half inch first go to see what happens I don’t want to take to much of his time especially this time of year? Arrows again are 30in axis 400s, I respect y’all’s opinion so if it’s again a no go just say it no hurt feelings here.

okcaveman

FNG
Ok one last question just for the sake of time if I’m tearing a little weak with 200 total up front on a bare shaft and I’m bumping up to 250gr like I said just for sake of time and not have my guy at the the shop cut my arrow to many times could I just jump with a half inch first go to see what happens I don’t want to take to much of his time especially this time of year? Arrows again are 30in axis 400s, I respect y’all’s opinion so if it’s again a no go just say it no hurt feelings here.
I wouldn't. Carbons seem pretty dang sensitive to trimming. Best advise I can give, pick up a cheap arrow saw. You're going to want it if you keep shooting traditional.
But to answer your question, take it slow, id say no more than 1/4 inch per cut, if you're anywhere close

Rob5589

WKR
I found almost no change cutting a 1/4" at a time. But I continued to do so knowing that I can't make them longer and didn't want to change head weight if I cut too short. Having an arrow saw has become even more important now that I shoot a single string.

Ok one last question just for the sake of time if I’m tearing a little weak with 200 total up front on a bare
I found almost no change cutting a 1/4" at a time. But I continued to do so knowing that I can't make them longer and didn't want to change head weight if I cut too short. Having an arrow saw has become even more important now that I shoot a single string.
I’m looking to cut my arrows an inch shorter how much stiffer is that gonna make the arrow if I go from 30 to 29 inches? Also idk if it matters but they’re 400 spine Easton axis
Do you have a wrap on your arrow? If not you could add one , a full 7 “ wrap would stiffen the arrow a bit.