Sportsmatch T035C (For Tikka T1x)

I am going to mount a SWFA 6x Mil Quad on my Tikka T1x, I want it to match the Sportsmatch T084 on a T3X.

Looking on Sportsmatch website, it appears that the T035C is "taller" at A=15 mm vs A=13 mm for the T084. However, the A dimension is to the bottom of the clamps, not to where it sits on the receiver.

Does anyone know if the dimension from the receiver to the centerline of the scope is the same or 2 mm taller on the T035C?

OP
C
Just to clarify. I want to make sure that the T035C will put the scope centerline in the same position as the T084 on a 30 mm scope.

My OP was a little disjointed. (Trying to type while working and getting interrupted). :)

OP
C
They are definitely not the same height. I was not able to find clamp on rings that would work for both T1x and T3X at the same centerline height.

I went with DNZ Tikka rings on both and they have held great so far. They aren't the prettiest, but they work, which is what I was wanting.

solarshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Do these offer any benefits over Talley direct mounts in terms of strength? It seems like it has the same 4 screws of net attachment strength? No dovetail grabbing feature?

lelliott8

FNG
Hawke optics makes a ring that is damn close to the sportsmatch. Obviously thinner, and I can't speak towards it's ability to hold zero but it's the closest I could find.
1000022372.jpg1000022373.jpg1000022374.jpg1000022375.jpg

OP
C
Do these offer any benefits over Talley direct mounts in terms of strength? It seems like it has the same 4 screws of net attachment strength? No dovetail grabbing feature?

I have read about issues and seen pictures of Talley rings breaking.

I haven't with the DNZ. The rings are noticeably more beefy than Talley rings in the area where the Talley rings break. They are definitely not as attractive.

My T1X fell off a chest high platform I was using and the scope was still dead on after I picked it back up.

Landed on dirt.

It doesn't grab the dovetail.

solarshooter

Lil-Rokslider
You know, I am searching pretty hard for this evidence of Talley's losing zero or breaking. So far I have seen 1 or maybe 2 (can't tell if they are the same occurrence) pictures of cracks near the screws on the caps that may have happened during installation? I genuinely want to have a solid mount setup, and grabbing the dovetail seems the most secure, but I am really struggling to find evidence that the Talley direct mounts are NOT sufficiently robust.

OP
C
I have seen a couple and one of them happened to someone I trust, so I went with something else. The design does seem to have a fairly thin cross section where the failures I have seen have happened. The DNZ rings are much thicker there.

Of course, cross sectional area isn't as important as material but given similar materials, the thicker material is generally stronger.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I have both of these I’ll measure and update

TO84-dovetail “height” ~2.5mm, receiver to bottom of ring ~11mm, A is about 13.5mm.

TO35- dovetail “height” ~3mm, receiver to bottom of ring ~12mm, A is about 15mm

Ops answer is you’d gain ~1mm. I am not machinist, but I hope my measurements are useful.

EDIT: didn’t realize OP asked a year ago

TO84
IMG_1032.jpeg
IMG_1037.jpegIMG_1038.jpegIMG_1039.jpeg

TO35
IMG_1035.jpeg
IMG_1040.jpeg
IMG_1043.jpegIMG_1044.jpeg

Last edited:

solarshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Great, thank you, that is definitely pretty damning. I'll keep looking for options, I like the height of the Talley Low's, and would like to have the same mounting solution for my T3Xs and T1X.

solarshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Hawke optics makes a ring that is damn close to the sportsmatch. Obviously thinner, and I can't speak towards it's ability to hold zero but it's the closest I could find.
View attachment 700558View attachment 700559View attachment 700561View attachment 700562
I didn't read carefully enough, but I see now what you did. This seems like a great move. In general, the Sportsmatch are a little lower than I'd like - the Talley low is right on the edge of interfering with the bolt knob and case ejection. I'd like a little taller more than a little lower, if anything. The search continues!

lelliott8

FNG
If the sportsmatch mediums are too low, you could get the HTO73 for the t3x and the HTO36C for a t1x. They are only 1mm apart in height.