Alternatives to Sportsmatch Rings

TreeDog

FNG
It seems like the Sportsmatch T084’s are at the top of the list for Tikka rings. They also seem to be very difficult to get your hands on lately. I have a new Trijicon Credo on the way so I’m looking for the next best rings to mount it in. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Which Trijicon?

I went through this with my D18 6.5CM and Tenmile 3-18x50 ended up with the Talley lows after buying Warne and the Sportsmatch T084 and HT073. The T084 were too short and the HT073 were too high. The Talley low are perfect.

On my D18 6.5PRC and Credo 2.5-15x42 the T084 are perfect.

I was worried the Talleys are too light but so far they are holding up well. Have been on a few flights in a Pelican case and have held zero.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a set of Talleys while you wait on a set of T084 Sportsmatch.

Last edited:
+1 for giving Airguns of Arizona a call. It was about 3 weeks from phone call to my mailbox for my backorder. I think someone on here did mention the backorder is up to almost 6wks but worth the wait if you're not in need of them sooner.

I was in the same boat as you and went with the Burris ones that mount directly to the tikka dovetail. They’re made of steel which I don’t prefer but they seem decently made. Nothing pinched or acted weird when I mounted them. They have a recoil pin too. I haven’t actually been able to shoot the rifle yet as we’ve had a nasty winter but hopefully I’ll have some time in may to test them a little more. I figured for the 50 bucks I paid for them they would make a good place holder until the new unknown munitions mounts are available.

OP
TreeDog

TreeDog

FNG
Sounds like I need to call Airgun of Arizona Monday and get on the backorder list. Scope us a Credo 2.5-15x42 hoing on a Tikka Superlite 6.5CM. Currently has Talley rings on it, just wanted something else for the new scope. Thanks for the suggestions.

Second vote for the Burris rings that fit directly on the dovetail. Solid and well made. I lapped mine but they were near to perfectly machined to begin with .

BLJ

WKR
Leupold Backcountry are pretty good. Experience is only with one set but I think they’ll be fine. This is on a 243.