Spypoint Flex cams

Anyone have any experience with these? Freedomusasales.com has a sale/bundle deal for a 4 pack ~$300 for 4 cams and SD cards. Seems like a good deal to me but I know little to nothing about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
From what I have researched, a lot of people complained about slow trigger speed. It was for that reason I declined to accept one, even if it was for free.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve got several of them and they are a vast improvement over the link micro’s. Trigger speed seems adequate, I have one on my driveway and it’s catching vehicles center frame pretty reliably. I will be the first to tell you about spy points short comings, but I’ve been picking these up for $80 and am pretty satisfied.

OP
HuntHogsnFish
I’ve got several of them and they are a vast improvement over the link micro’s. Trigger speed seems adequate, I have one on my driveway and it’s catching vehicles center frame pretty reliably. I will be the first to tell you about spy points short comings, but I’ve been picking these up for $80 and am pretty satisfied.

Right on, thanks. I picked up a four pack, figured if they fall short on performing I’ll send them back. Have good cell service in an area I’ve been scouting so I can place one at 4 different water holes, see when the pigs come around.

SomeTexan

FNG
Where are you finding the Flex for $80? I am currently running two of them and wouldn't mind adding a few more. I have found trigger speed to be less of a concern than the trigger being too sensitive.

I have 12 of the old SPYPOINT micro cams and 1 flex. My flex is awful. Sent one back because it filled with water. New one is out now and is not functioning. Only worked for maybe 2 days. I need to go see what’s up with it but no good access to the area and it’s been miserably hot here. I wouldn’t buy another Flex.

I have had good enough luck with the cheap SPYPOINT micros. I will say all of my interactions with SP customer service have been awesome.

Last edited:

TSAMP

WKR
I've been using the Bushnell cellucore 20s. 1 year of use with no real issues. Added 3 more this year, they were $50 bucks on amazon. The data plans are what annoy me. You can't consolidate so it's $10 minimum per cam. Detection is decent.

Bushnell

FNG
I've been using the Bushnell cellucore 20s. 1 year of use with no real issues. Added 3 more this year, they were $50 bucks on amazon. The data plans are what annoy me. You can't consolidate so it's $10 minimum per cam. Detection is decent.
Hey there, thanks for supporting Bushnell Trail cameras! Shoot us a message about your data plans.

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I have 3 or 4 up here in Alaska. They're great, except in windstorms. Even with low sensitivity, they still took a billion photos in 20 min and wrecked the batteries. But I've never had any issues with them.

OP
HuntHogsnFish
I’ve been using 5 of them the past year, seem to be okay as far as I can tell given they’re the first cams I’ve used. Has anyone used the Moltrie edge pro Cams?

Fullfan

WKR
I picked up 2 at the local Walmart, 35.00 each. The first 100 pics are free is a joke, camera will take 100 pics of nothing in about 2 days. Battery life is terrible, and the trigger speed is sow. They take a micro Sd card which has to be formatted every time you change them. I would stay away.

budmen

FNG
I've had great luck with the original flex. I bought 2 flex g36 and they are nothing but junk. After the last update they seem to have ruined the original flex trying to fix the flex g36. The only spypoint I have still functioning are the original cell link hooked to old non cell cameras. At this point I'm done with the spypoint junk. Thinking wiseeye for me

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
I got a few of the Flex model the last year. Not overly impressed, image quality is not the greatest (even on the higher residential setting and requested HD photos). I pretty much don’t trust them to work. I had an antenna connection that malfunctioned (broke and the fitting pushed into the case, effectively turning it into a regular cam), another wouldn’t boot up after new batteries, new card, etc and was replaced by SPYPOINT. Just had another issue this weekend with another Flex where it would resend the same images repeatedly. Call customer service and they said they’ll update the firmware and in 24 hrs it might be fixed. But with the firmware update it killed the fresh set of batteries. Overall, they just continue to be a pain to use personally, and I certainly wouldn’t trust a flex for locations that are difficult to access.

I really like the four Bushnell Prime Low Glow (non cell cams) I’ve been using for the last four years. They are simple and work. I feel they’re trigger speed is good and image quality is pretty good also. Zero issues with those. Wish they were a little cheaper than $80-90.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Update on my SpyPoint CS experience just today: talked with a representative pretty quickly, within 5 mins or so of being on hold, which was great. They did some simple troubleshooting with just trying new batteries and cycling on/off. Without any difficult they said they will replace this Flex camera for me. Generally pleased with the customer service. That said, this is the second camera to be replaced. When you dial Spypoint CS, they have a specific extension for dealing with Flex camera calls. I would assume they get a lot of calls with issues. Both cameras being replaced ultimately had the same issue. They would turn on with flashing status and signal lights, but no lights on the battery even with fresh batteries.

The Flex cam I had go down yesterday/weekend was seemingly killed by the firmware update. I have no explanation on why but it was working fine last week, and at least transmitting some new detections and the repeat old pictures. This particular camera was even working during a "test" preformed while on the phone with CS last week when troubleshooting a different Flex. Although the app showed the camera batteries were dead and offline, the batteries tested fine with a full charge. So, still confused on why it stopped working altogether after the update.

I have two Flex cameras still in the field that seem to be working. They transmitted a couple images of some deer yesterday, but again, quality was pretty poor (difficult to see details like antlers vs no antlers at 25-30 yds in good lighting). I will be seriously considering listing the new replacement Flex cameras on the classifieds when they arrive.

OP
HuntHogsnFish
Update on my SpyPoint CS experience just today: talked with a representative pretty quickly, within 5 mins or so of being on hold, which was great. They did some simple troubleshooting with just trying new batteries and cycling on/off. Without any difficult they said they will replace this Flex camera for me. Generally pleased with the customer service. That said, this is the second camera to be replaced. When you dial Spypoint CS, they have a specific extension for dealing with Flex camera calls. I would assume they get a lot of calls with issues. Both cameras being replaced ultimately had the same issue. They would turn on with flashing status and signal lights, but no lights on the battery even with fresh batteries.

The Flex cam I had go down yesterday/weekend was seemingly killed by the firmware update. I have no explanation on why but it was working fine last week, and at least transmitting some new detections and the repeat old pictures. This particular camera was even working during a "test" preformed while on the phone with CS last week when troubleshooting a different Flex. Although the app showed the camera batteries were dead and offline, the batteries tested fine with a full charge. So, still confused on why it stopped working altogether after the update.

I have two Flex cameras still in the field that seem to be working. They transmitted a couple images of some deer yesterday, but again, quality was pretty poor (difficult to see details like antlers vs no antlers at 25-30 yds in good lighting). I will be seriously considering listing the new replacement Flex cameras on the classifieds when they arrive.

Yeah the flex cams I have aren’t the best image quality. I’ve seen pics that the Moultrie cams take and they’re way better.