Stan Onnex fraying D loop

Gone4Days

WKR
I’m loving my Stan Onnex Thumb but after only about 25 shots it’s eating my d loop. Any suggestions? IMG_9181.jpeg

xcutter

WKR
Inspect the hook of the release for a sharp edge or burr. Might need to take a little sandpaper to that sharp area.

Could call Stan also. They might tell you to send back.

OP
Gone4Days

Gone4Days

WKR
I smoothed it out and polished it with jewelry polish and that solved the issue. But I also decided to call Stan and they had me send it in anyway. We will see what they send me back.

I really don’t like seeing so many QC things from Stan the past few years, they have always been at the top in terms of building great releases, but recently you hear about a lot of little BS.

I have an onnex c due to be delivered today, it is a great release in terms of what it offers, and I hope mine functions correctly.

My last Stan was my favorite index release, and bought 3 of them, but ditched the 2 new ones after having probably a half dozen misfires in a summer… that was a fairly known issue with them I found out later.

I don’t know what changed, but I hope they can get it reeled back in, because they make great releases.

OP
Gone4Days

Gone4Days

WKR
Update…. I sent the release in on Monday. It was delivered to Stan yesterday afternoon. I received this email this morning. Stan CS has been amazing and made me feel better about the issue. Hopefully the new hook is smooth with no edges. I will update with that info as soon as I shoot it a while.

Stan Outdoors CS 👍🏻 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

IMG_9228.jpeg

JB426

FNG
Nice. I have two Stan Onnex and have shot maybe a 1000 shots and it hasn't ever done anything to my Dloop. Glad they got it fixed. Stan has good CS. They sent a me couple screws I lost, no questions asked.

I got my Onnex back and the new hook is smooth with no sharp edges. Should be good to go.
They are an excellent release, I have had a few thumb buttons and not had one I like for hunting, but I think I will hunt with the onnex, I really like the hook design for hunting.