Starter camera

KurtR

WKR
Tired of taking picks with the iphone. Thinking of getting a cannon eos t7 rebel. It will be mainly taking picks of my dog during and after hunting waterfowl and for taking pics while training. I have enough expensive hobbies as it is so im not going to go crazy. The price point seems good and it looks as it will be a good camera to learn on. Opinions of this or other cameras with lenses in the same price point that would do better for my use.

these are the kind of pictures i take now.

banks hay bales.jpg

Good morning
Great idea to go with a real camera
However Canon and every other company has phased out DSLR and switched to mirrorless
The comparable camera is the R100
Give Jeff a call at 516-217-1000 and he can explain all the advantages
Mention Rokslude for special pricing

Joel, I’m out of the store, back Monday

I think you're on the right path OP. DSLR's and lenses can be had for good prices with the move to mirrorless. They still take great pictures! Bonus for you, the battery life will be improved over a mirrorless, and I assume the little shutter noises won't bother you either.

The Tamron 24-70 is a pretty nice everyday lens for the money.

If you look at my previous responses to other posts with the Black Friday deals plus what we do for you price is not an issue
The ISSUE is Nikon and Canon are phasing out all but their professional DSLR cameras. Most are gone already
The BIGGEST issue is all the cameras u can get great deals on in the used market are no longer repaired by them
The lensss can be used on the new cameras with reasonably priced adapters
Mirrorless focus faster , preform better in low light and produce sharper videos due to the improved focusing
There’s a reason why all the camera manufacturers have gone mirrorless ….It’s better!!!
I’ve been in the photo industry since 1982 full time. There have been three things over time that changed the industry
1985..The Minolta Maxxum brought auto focus SLR’s
About 20 years ago Digital cameras start to hit the market
15 years ago Olympus brought mirrorless followed by Sony then everyone else as DSLR’s fade awY
Theses are facts. Not opinions
Happy to answer any questions
Joel
Camera Land
516-217-1000

OP
KurtR

KurtR

WKR
If you look at my previous responses to other posts with the Black Friday deals plus what we do for you price is not an issue
The ISSUE is Nikon and Canon are phasing out all but their professional DSLR cameras. Most are gone already
The BIGGEST issue is all the cameras u can get great deals on in the used market are no longer repaired by them
The lensss can be used on the new cameras with reasonably priced adapters
Mirrorless focus faster , preform better in low light and produce sharper videos due to the improved focusing
There’s a reason why all the camera manufacturers have gone mirrorless ….It’s better!!!
I’ve been in the photo industry since 1982 full time. There have been three things over time that changed the industry
1985..The Minolta Maxxum brought auto focus SLR’s
About 20 years ago Digital cameras start to hit the market
15 years ago Olympus brought mirrorless followed by Sony then everyone else as DSLR’s fade awY
Theses are facts. Not opinions
Happy to answer any questions
Joel
Camera Land
516-217-1000
This is going to be a christmas present from my wife. Thank you for the info i gave her your number. I have bought optics in the past from you guys so i know your good to go.