Stock bedding guide

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
I've searched the forums and came up with very little in the way of a guide or how to when it comes to bedding a stock. Can anyone hook me up with a good resource or would anyone be able to pm back and forth with me for a bit?

Duh

WKR
Second the YouTube videos. Although, I don’t recommend using JB weld. Just speaking from some rather painful experience.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
It is ridiculously easy if you are marginally handy… just don’t forget the release agent!!

OP
J

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
Robert Gradous has a few pretty good videos on YouTube.
Use plenty of release agent and the key is a lot of good prep work IMO.

Are there video numbers 2, 3, and 4? I see this is 1 of 4 and I found another one that wasn't numbered.

Opinions on dremeling out area for bedding to adhere to? Ive had good luck just bedding recoil lug with tape only on bottom of lug. 1/4 moa gun. New stock ready to bed with marine tex. Kinda a keep it simple guy with this stuff. But no less right is right, thanks… forgot to mention its a CA FFT stock

Last edited:

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I did my last Stockys with jb weld, like others have said, plenty of release agent, anyone can do it

I did my last Stockys with jb weld, like others have said, plenty of release agent, anyone can do it
Done it. Im not concerned about process… Was asking about dremeling out area of stock for adhesion? I have not taken material out befor with fine results. Yet its been shared a few times to create area… Think ill just take out 1/8 max depth on a few areas cant hurt, tang etc…

Antares

WKR
Done it. Im not concerned about process… Was asking about dremeling out area of stock for adhesion? I have not taken material out befor with fine results. Yet its been shared a few times to create area… Think ill just take out 1/8 max depth on a few areas cant hurt, tang etc…

This is a Kimber Montana that I have curing right now. I like dremeling to 1) make some room so you don’t end up with a paper thin bed, 2) rough up the surface for adhesion, and 3) create little depressions to mechanically lock the bed in place.

I use MarineTex.

IMG_1809.jpeg
IMG_1810.jpeg

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I just used 80 grit and sanded some out before application, should have added that, sorry I got ahead of myself