Stock for 300 Ultra Mag

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for suggestions on a stock for a 300 Rem ultra mag. Prefer a chassis style and relatively light weight. Must have aluminum bedding block and be solid. There are just so many choices out there I am confused and hate to make a bad choice. Current wood stock is way too heavy even though it shoots very well always sub Moa. However lugging this thing through the woods can be a chore. Currently shooting out to 600 yards but would like to shoot long recreationally and out to 500 when hunting. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Wrench

WKR
You needs hands on experience before you solicit internet advice. I prefer an htg or mcs-t because I don't like vertical grips for snap shooting. Some people love the vertical grips....that's a very individual choice.

OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, a lightweight 300 rum. It has a brake and kicks about like a 243 or less. Super accurate.

OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Prefer no pistol grip. Been shooting this gun for several years in Canada and Wyoming. Not sure what type of experience I need other than a good sock recommendation.

OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Checked out the htg or mcs-tstocks. They are not what I am looking for I will try some of the long range forums as they seem more intune to my needs. Thanks for you input.