Stockys carbon fiber tikka stocks?

BlakeJ

FNG
Two questions: vertical grip or not? I've heard the factory paint jobs are rough textured, any truth to that? Thanks

How are these stocks lately for quality? seems to be a lot mixed reviews? Especially the ones on the Howa superlite

I have this stock for a Tikka and Howa Mini with the web pattern and texture is great I think. That’s one reason I went with that finish.
Overall quality seems great with no flaws in my finish and inletting is tight. I may sand out the barrel channel on the Howa but I’ll see how it shoots first. It’s def not passing any dolla bill test.

How are these stocks lately for quality? seems to be a lot mixed reviews? Especially the ones on the Howa superlite
I got a strata one, you can see that the little tiny divots under the coating weren't skim coated/sanded prior to the coating so if it was something going for full aesthetics that'd be annoying, but they're not much difference than getting banged around in usage. I didn't have any rough seams on the underside that would affect my hand feel. The bottom metal is a a bit proud of the stock surface in the middle but not really noticed once you put a mag in that extends out a little. The recoil pad is definitely not a grind to fit style so the fit/finish there isn't awesome but its functional. So overall completely functional but doesn't match up with the fit/finish on my mcmillian for instance, but its lighter and cheaper so it works with those expectations in mind.

Vertical for sure. I bought the standard grip version when Stocky's first had it for sale last year. Put my action in and balance is way off--bow heavy and sold it. Just recently purchased the vertical grip version and it's better-- balance right on the front action screw.

Vertical for sure. I bought the standard grip version when Stocky's first had it for sale last year. Put my action in and balance is way off--bow heavy and sold it. Just recently purchased the vertical grip version and it's better-- balance right on the front action screw.
Which rifle was that for?

Back