Stone Glacier and Kifaru

thunderaz

FNG
Great job on the comparison. Level of effort and amount of detail throughout was amazing. Now I have to make a decision. Anyone interested in a blue widow?:rolleyes:

Snyd

WKR
Not noticing 5lbs when loaded heavy.....

I don't know about that... load your pack up with 120lbs, then fill your 3 Liter water bladder and have your buddy stuff in it your pack, then pick up your rifle. You can tell the difference. I think that the closer we get to the max we can carry the more apparent each pound or two becomes.

I loaded up my pack last year with a whole boned dall sheep, horns/skull and the cape. Add the weight of the pack, some grub, some water, a coat, rain gear, pack cover and who knows what it weighed. 120-140? Then, grabbed my 7lb Kimber and I tell you what. I knew it when I hung that rifle on there. And I really noticed it after hiking out 12 miles :D Hopefully I can do it again this august!

b.roberts

FNG
I have been following this thread daily. BB, great job on your ongoing review of these packs. I really appreciate all the hard work going into this. It is making me seriously consider upgrading from my ilbe and eberlestock packs.

MickR

FNG
I hope some Roksliders picked up something of use from it.

Yes I did. I live in Australia and was unlikley to handle one of these packs prior to purchase. Really appreciated your reviews and being able to watch how the packs performed under load (back bends and side to side) and taking a tumble down a slope. These videos answered a lot of my initial questions. I also appreciated your opinions through the review and have weighed them against my requirements and the compromises I am prepared to take.
I am now awaiting delivery of a SG solo and without your review and the comments from members on this forum I may not have been confident enough that the extra $ spent would be value over the hiking/tramping packs available on sale in stores over here.

Really pleased to have found Rokslide and that Kifaru and SG are producing packs of this quality for hunting. Thanks

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to thank Matt (BB) once again for the efforts in comparing these packs. Great info. Thanks for making the time to do this.

Well, maybe I shouldn't be thanking you Matt - you made me spend a lot of money! I knew I needed a new pack, but have been putting it off for some time trying to justify the price. This thread, and an awful pack out last year, finally pushed me over the edge. This should be the last pack I ever need, so maybe the money part won't hurt so much in a couple of years. Really, I think both these packs are great and are probably two of the best for doing what I wanted. In the end, there were a couple of small things that helped make my decision, as I think both packs can handle the abuse I would put them through. Thanks to Kifaru and Stone Glacier for offering product to test like this. And, again, thanks Matt (I think!).

I'm a little sad this thread has died down a bit. You got any more tests lined up Matt? If not, when can we expect the full write up!? This has been one of the best reviews I've ever seen. Great job.

Hey Matt, when you tested the different ways of carrying weight with the highcamp which one did you prefer? The heavy load out kit, or the GEN2 meat bag?

Thanks for the video reviews - both packs look pretty stout for their weight. Just out of curiosity, which video camera are you using?