Stone Glacier Chilkoot 15º Field Review

I used the SG Chilkoot 15º sleeping bag this season for sheep hunting and was absolutely floored with the comfort of the bag. The differential cuts that have been designed into this bag really make for a comfortable sleep. I toss and turn like a tasmanian devil all night and usually get sleeping bags twisted up like crazy. I not once had the Chilkoot bind or get twisted up on me and slept some of the best sleep I've had in the mountains. While the temperatures didn't exactly push the limits of the bag on the sheep hunt, I was able to run it this spring on some ice fishing trips and it performed exceptionally well. I have the Western Mountaineering Apache 15 MF bag and the SG is just as warm, if not slightly warmer for me. I'll definitely be using this bag a lot more in the future and will give it another good run here for moose season. Kudos to SG on a super performing sleeping bag!

Thanks for the review as I will be looking at that bag in the near future. I'm hoping they come out with a regular size that fits up to 6'-0". I don't need the extra space.
This is a good point and I agree. I called SG before our MT 2019 archery elk season to ask if they will be coming out with a “regular” length in the future and I was told probably not because they are a smaller company. So I purchased one anyway and found the added length didn’t bother me, especially considering the differential cut. I still wish they would make a regular length version for packability and weight but I’m glad I have it for now and think you would too. I’d try to test drive one before buying to see what you think.

Thanks for the review as I will be looking at that bag in the near future. I'm hoping they come out with a regular size that fits up to 6'-0". I don't need the extra space.
BTW, I just saw the date of your post...sorry for jumping in when you probably picked up something. If you don’t mind, what are you using and are you satisfied? Thanks.

I used the SG Chilkoot 15º sleeping bag this season for sheep hunting and was absolutely floored with the comfort of the bag. The differential cuts that have been designed into this bag really make for a comfortable sleep. I toss and turn like a tasmanian devil all night and usually get sleeping bags twisted up like crazy. I not once had the Chilkoot bind or get twisted up on me and slept some of the best sleep I've had in the mountains. While the temperatures didn't exactly push the limits of the bag on the sheep hunt, I was able to run it this spring on some ice fishing trips and it performed exceptionally well. I have the Western Mountaineering Apache 15 MF bag and the SG is just as warm, if not slightly warmer for me. I'll definitely be using this bag a lot more in the future and will give it another good run here for moose season. Kudos to SG on a super performing sleeping bag!
Great post especially since you have experience with WM, this helps a lot because I’ve never run WM but hear great things about them. I picked up the chilkoot 15 for our MT archery season and was happy but also wonder if I should still try WM because I’m under 6’...decisions decisions. Great day to be an outdoorsman with all the high-end gear we now have available!

Use one last year in the Beartooth Wilderness in september. Its definitely warm. I'm a pretty warm sleeper. Got down to the 20's some nights. I was still having to open venting a lot. Good room and I'm about 6'4" and 225 lb.