Stone Glacier Sleeping Bags

Has anyone used or seen the new stone glacier sleeping bags. Specifically the 0 degree.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ndbuck09

WKR
I'm curious what the chest, waist and foot widths are for comparison to my existing bags? I probably haven't looked in the "right" place but it's not on the product page as a tech spec.

Unless someone her was on the inside track, they are “pre-order” only right now. Lots of “testers” around here though..,

OP
B
Unless someone her was on the inside track, they are “pre-order” only right now. Lots of “testers” around here though..,
Ya, Lookinng for a tester or someone who has stopped by the store and held one

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have seen and played with them a little when we ordered them for the store. The bags are sweet and I cant wait to get them out into the field in the next few weeks. What questions can I answer about them.

OP
B
We have seen and played with them a little when we ordered them for the store. The bags are sweet and I cant wait to get them out into the field in the next few weeks. What questions can I answer about them.
Im just curious about the material used for the exterior and how durable it will be. Im looking to get 1 bag to do everything from September to May. Ive hunted in the plains and done some camping and am pretty tough on my gear. Im just now getting into mule deer and elk hunting and wanted something i can carry through every season whether above timberline early season or late season heavy snow. I guess my two biggest questions are how durable is the material and how close is the bags actual warmth to the rating.

They are ISO rated bags with lower limit and comfort ratings, I would use that to compare against others.

The shell is Pertex Quantum 15d, it is a known quantity and has been used in bags and down garments. Should be plenty of info if you google Pertex Quantum 15d. If you are reckless it is not difficult to damage. That said, through hikers and others manage to go hundreds of nights a year in the same or less durable fabrics without issue.

They don’t give bag circumference dimensions which is pretty important IMO.

Ten Bears

WKR

Scott-

When do you think you will have these in stock ? I am in the market for a new bag and these look interesting to try out for the season.

Camber__

FNG
From an email to Stone Glacier: 'the Chilkoot Sleeping Bags are 34” wide with an internal circumference of 64'. Obviously they have taper, so I assume that's the shoulder measurements.