Stove for Seek Outside Redcliff

cshore93

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. I purchased a Seek outside Redcliff and it should be here any day now. I'm really interested in the cylinder stove from Kifaru but I don't know if it is compatible or not? If so, which shelter do I pick for it? Since it asks you the shelter when ordering from kifaru because of the pipe size.

Thanks!

Akicita

WKR
If it helps as a reference I use an 8 foot pipe in my Redcliff with a SO SXL stove. You could go with a 7 foot pipe with the Kifaru Cylinders stove that comes with the Sawtooth package or you could call them and option a longer one. I would recommend the 8 foot if they have that length as an option.

Last edited:
OP
C

cshore93

Lil-Rokslider
How much clearance would the pipe be from the tent if I went with the 7 foot?

Also, what is your total weight with that set up? Including the stove.

AdamW

WKR
I'd set up your Redcliffe when you get it, measure from the ground how much total pipe length you want, then call Kifaru. Total length you want minus height of the stove will tell you what you want to know. Some seem to like more pipe sticking out than others (to prevent shelter pin holes from potential embers).

Akicita

WKR
How much clearance would the pipe be from the tent if I went with the 7 foot?

Also, what is your total weight with that set up? Including the stove.

Total weight of stove, pipe, dampers and bag is 3.76 pounds. I get over an hour of burn time on a full stoke with enough hot ember to start a re-stoke up to 3 hours.

I have a little over 2 feet above the peak with my 8 foot pipe and SO SXL. I am guessing you would have between 12 and 16 inches with a 7 foot pipe and Kifaru Cylinder.

20161020_115956_resized_zps2pmhdiwi.jpg

20161028_061453_resized_zpsgnbg7mnf.jpg

StoveWeight_zpsdjnx0dkl.jpg

I'm running a 16'' TI Goat with a 8' pipe in my Redcliffe. When I bought the tent SOS recommended a 7.5' pipe for that tent.
If you do a search I have pics and specs in a thread.

I have a Redcliff with the large stove. Works well. It wil have less burn time than a larger stove but weighs slightly less and fits in the pack slightly better. With 3 guys and gear any bigger would seem tight to me but manageable.

I would go with whatever pipe length is recommended on their website. Any longer and wind can be an issue. It kept me up one night first season as any time the wind gusted it would shake the stove and actually lift it off the ground a little then clank back down. Any shorter you run the risk of holes.
Call SO and ask their advice. Even if you are looking at a cylinder stove I'm sure they will help you out.

Last edited:
OP
C

cshore93

Lil-Rokslider
Total weight of stove, pipe, dampers and bag is 3.76 pounds. I get over an hour of burn time on a full stoke with enough hot ember to start a re-stoke up to 3 hours.

I have a little over 2 feet above the peak with my 8 foot pipe and SO SXL. I am guessing you would have between 12 and 16 inches with a 7 foot pipe and Kifaru Cylinder.

20161020_115956_resized_zps2pmhdiwi.jpg

20161028_061453_resized_zpsgnbg7mnf.jpg

StoveWeight_zpsdjnx0dkl.jpg
How did you do your guy lines? I assumed that the guy lines would already be installed on the tent but they were not. They just give you that bundle of cord.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Akicita

WKR
How did you do your guy lines? I assumed that the guy lines would already be installed on the tent but they were not. They just give you that bundle of cord.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I cut it into 6 equal lengths. . . I cant remember how long they were but its close to 5 or 6 foot each. I attached them to the tent with a bowline and used a tautline hitch at the stake end.