Suppressed 6 Cal recommendation for small framed shooter and spotting shots.

I would just get the Stockys VG, cut the stock and use some kind of filler in the last half inch and attach a grind to fit recoil pad. If I were the OP I would be jumping on the one that @Ajsomp has listed.

Ruger Gen II comes in the 6mm arc around 6.5lbs. Looks like a winner to me. Been shotting the 6mm creed for awhile, but would not mind trying out the Ruger for less than $600 bucks.

Howa 6ARC 20" with Stockys VG hits all the buttons, just measured and weighed mine. 6.75# with Trijicon Huron 3x9, 12.75" LOP.

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 18
Quick update on my howa mini action 6mm ARC. Zeroed out to 100 yards yesterday and sent it out to 600 yds, as that’s how my range was configured yesterday. Had my wife get some practice in and get the feel for it.

Her first comment was how little recoil there was compared to other rifles she’s tried. Then she proceeded to tap steel for the next 20 minutes with it, at 600 yds. She’s not a confident shooter, and doesn’t have any appreciable range time. But she absolutely loved the rifle.

Mine weighs 9lbs 11oz, fully loaded with five rounds and my suppressor. By the end of the sessions she was starting to understand how to spot shots and watch her impacts.

The only issue I noticed yesterday was that she struggles to get a good cheek weld, the comb is a little short for her. I’ll be adding a check riser to the rifle to help her get a more consistent hold. Other than that, it’s a pretty darn good rifle for the $480 I spent on it.

Editing again.

We’ve been combating prairie dogs in my hay fields at home. Took my wife and the howa mini out tonight to knock a few down. Ranged from 100-220 yards. She was 100% on shots, watching them fall and calling it as she shot. Winds were 15mph so we had some good practice on wind holds on a few. I can’t say enough good about the Howa rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my
dada3f3d3145bd8520a4adde66a114b1.jpg

Last edited:
Back