Suppressor wait times

Check cashed 7/23/21.

So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it’s any consolation, I was on the same timeline until I moved states and had to withdraw my application to resubmit in a new state. Due to a slow dealer and poor communication from ATF, I haven’t been able to resubmit yet.

Meanwhile, added two more to the efile pipeline.

I’ve tried to be smart and not pay attention to the calendar on this, but I failed at that on about day 120. That was about 10 days after what my SOT said to expect for eForms. I’m now at 160 days and the median wait times listed on Silencer Shop’s website seem to go up 2-3 days for every day that passes. Feels like point creep… only faster.

Want to know something that always irked me? I have to jump through all these hoops for a tiny piece of steel/aluminum that really doesn't do what people think and isn't the least bit dangerous. At work I can hire anybody off the street to handle and detonate explosives with as little as a background check submitted. After 6-12 months of work I have to let them go because their background check finally came back and they failed. I realize why it's done this way but there are improvements for both systems that could be implemented.
I want to blow stuff up, I can also pass a background check.

7 years ago it took me 6 months for my first sub-machine gun and 3 months for my second sub-machine gun. I inquired about a suppressor on Saturday and was told at least 9 months....seems the BATFE needs more help, not the IRS.

After getting my approval August 3, I get an email from Silencer Central today
that the suppressor I ordered in January is backordered and will be delivered
when available.

when available.
You were able to get approved without owning a specific suppressor?

when available.
I dont think that is how it works. You are approved for an individual suppressor with a serial number. You cannot get approved then just get the next one available. I may be wrong though.

5 months tomorrow on Form 4 Trust Efile
I dont think that is how it works. You are approved for an individual suppressor with a serial number. You cannot get approved then just get the next one available. I may be wrong though.

You are not wrong. The serial number is on the application and ends up on the stamp.

You are all correct. They clarified that it was the accessories that were backordered. That was my point of confusion as well.

My apologies.

The email referenced the product but it was the wraps, etc that went with it.
My apologies for the confusion. Banish 30.

The email referenced the product but it was the wraps, etc that went with it.
My apologies for the confusion. Banish 30.
My old man and the company he works for makes these suppressors.

We got to test drive one a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back