Suppressor wait times

Just had to select it when purchasing. Then when you have your call with them to go over the paperwork they ask you again
Just hopped on their website and see that option now. Not sure if it's new or if I just missed it in the past, but it now specifically says "Experience faster approval times filing as an individual. Please note: if you choose to transfer your NFA items to a trust in the future, a new Form 4 and individual $200 tax stamp per item will be required."

Sounds like they recognize individuals are getting approved way faster. Their standard trust process has plenty of delays built in. I'm almost tempted to jump in as an individual and see what happens, though I likely wouldn't use Silencer Central again for that. I'm still waiting on approvals for a TBAC Ultra 5 and Dead Air Mask 22 under a trust and expect to be waiting for several more months on those.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Just hopped on their website and see that option now. Not sure if it's new or if I just missed it in the past, but it now specifically says "Experience faster approval times filing as an individual. Please note: if you choose to transfer your NFA items to a trust in the future, a new Form 4 and individual $200 tax stamp per item will be required."

Sounds like they recognize individuals are getting approved way faster. Their standard trust process has plenty of delays built in. I'm almost tempted to jump in as an individual and see what happens, though I likely wouldn't use Silencer Central again for that. I'm still waiting on approvals for a TBAC Ultra 5 and Dead Air Mask 22 under a trust and expect to be waiting for several more months on those.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I used SC for my SiCo Scythe and was approved in 6 days on an individual. Submitted paperwork 4/4, certified 4/5.

What timeframe are folks typically waiting to call and check on the status? I have mine in a 2 party trust (myself and the Mrs - to be able to take hunting with the kids - maybe that was a poor choice given all the individual ones going through so expeditiously). Sitting at 211, 191, 155, and 32 days (respectively) for each of the 4 I have in jail.

What timeframe are folks typically waiting to call and check on the status? I have mine in a 2 party trust (myself and the Mrs - to be able to take hunting with the kids - maybe that was a poor choice given all the individual ones going through so expeditiously). Sitting at 211, 191, 155, and 32 days (respectively) for each of the 4 I have in jail.
Trust is a better option. It sucks being delayed. But long term you’ll be better off.

My FFL said he expected it to be March timeframe. That came and went, and so I started calling a few weeks ago. Left messages with no return and finally got a live person last week.

When you call the ATF, be ready for an hour or so wait on hold and have your control numbers ready. They mostly tell you have the forms have been received, if they are processing them, or if you are delayed. If you are delayed by NCIS, then you can try to contact the FBI, but lately, they seem to just be giving generic responses due to the volume of calls. At some point you can try to involve your congress critter, but people have mixed results with that as well.

Trust submitted 12/28(x2)
Approved 5/8 and 5/9

Hoping to have something in hand in the next couple weeks, all completed through SilenceCentral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine just got approved after 4 months, not as fast as some people are getting who started the process a month after me, but still pretty fast

Glad to see the jail times are dropping. I’ve got to get one for my 22mag to make it quieter. Bolt action 22mag with a suppressor, should be fairly quiet.

Not yet, but that will be my next step.
I don't know if this helped last time on mine or not but it seems the hang up is the FBI background checks. I emailed the FBI and let them know that was what I was waiting on and magically they were approved a couple weeks after.

I'm sitting on one from 3/13 and then two more from April. I went individual because of the quick turnaround and wish I would have just done single shot trusts on all of them at this point.

Only 1 data point, but it looks like things are starting to get approved faster with trusts as well. I just had two get approved as a batch on my trust much quicker than expected.

Dead Air Mask 22 submitted 2/27/24, Approved 5/14/2024
TBAC Ultra 5 Submitted 4/8/2024, Approved 5/14/2024

I did both of them through Silencer Central since they already had my information and I wasn't in a big rush as I already have a couple cans I can move around if needed. All that to say I likely won't get them in hand for another couple of weeks but it shaved about 7 months off of my wait on my first couple of cans. Still not as quick as individual approvals seem to be coming in, but an improvement nonetheless and they do indeed seem to be approving them in batches on the same trust.

Back