Suppressor wait times

SIR_34:16

Lil-Rokslider
Only 1 data point, but it looks like things are starting to get approved faster with trusts as well. I just had two get approved as a batch on my trust much quicker than expected.

Dead Air Mask 22 submitted 2/27/24, Approved 5/14/2024
TBAC Ultra 5 Submitted 4/8/2024, Approved 5/14/2024

dont give me hope.jpg

Lemhi

FNG
Certified 04/17
Approved 04/19

Going to buy more with this type of turnaround.

Bluefish

WKR
Trusts are a little faster. My last one was 5 months, approved last week. They are not batching trusts and getting my senator involved may have helped, but not immediately.

WCB

WKR
Trust through Silencer Central
Certified 2/01/2024
Approved 5/15/2024

Be a couple week more before I get it shipped to my door BUT a lot faster than I was expecting. Now to send guns off to be threaded. Nice that I have some already done...but have 3-4 that I'll be sending out to have done.

Took the leap, paid for an Omega 300 DTM last night. Paperwork tomorrow and will update once it's done. I haven't picked through the whole thread at all, so maybe it's answered, but did anyone with multiple suppressors notice a time difference between your first one and then after?

Bluefish

WKR
Took the leap, paid for an Omega 300 DTM last night. Paperwork tomorrow and will update once it's done. I haven't picked through the whole thread at all, so maybe it's answered, but did anyone with multiple suppressors notice a time difference between your first one and then after?
There is not any rhyme or reason to how fast it takes. My first was actually a second submission that the dealer gave up their sot. Pushed through in 2 weeks when 9+ months was normal. Second was right at 9 months even though the submission was months before the submission on my first first approval. The last two were 7 months and 5 months. Still have some outstanding at 4 months. I have one that was purchased last July and working on a third submission for that can due to multiple atf issues with paperwork. I expect it will be 18-24 months from time of purchase to actually getting it.

Terrible service......normal for gubmint employees though.....not surprising at all. Im waiting for 2 on a trust thru SC since early January 2024. No accountability to be had whatsoever and THAT is the problem.

Submitted 5/18/24 in the afternoon and got approved 5/21/24. First suppressor and the process was real simple through the Lgs and silencer shop as an individual.

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
Applied for another one a week ago. Accidentally checked the box yes on the question “Have you ever been dishonorably discharged from the military?” Myself and the LGS reviewed the application and neither of us caught it before we sent it off.

Man these new wait times sure are awesome.

Each of my 7 or so suppressors took about a year, a few over a year for approval. Mine are all on a trust with 2 RPs. I have not purchased a new suppressor since back in 2021.

Maybe time to get a couple more.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I'm actually doing my best to not order another can. But these quick approvals are making it tempting. That being said, I wonder when the ATF is going to cut the BS and just allow us to buy the damn things over the counter, just like any other gun accessory.

I wonder when the ATF is going to cut the BS and just allow us to buy the damn things over the counter, just like any other gun accessory.

It needs to happen but it unfortunately IMO never will. When these hearing act bills come up in congress every few years, it just seems like empty political posturing by a few congressional leaders. They know they don't have the votes. I don't trust politicians, R or D to act in any ones best interest but their own.

I wish they would make cans over the counter and also remove SBRs and SBS from the NFA registry, but it'll never happen.

With rare exception do the Feds cut red tape. Its always more regulation and more political hands digging into our pockets.

Remember - "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm actually doing my best to not order another can. But these quick approvals are making it tempting. That being said, I wonder when the ATF is going to cut the BS and just allow us to buy the damn things over the counter, just like any other gun accessory.
The silencer companies don’t want these things to be easy to get. If there were no hurdles, the prices would drop and more companies would start making them as everybody started buying them. In countries where these are legal, they cost 25% of what they cost in the USA. If you think the manufacturers want these to be legal and to make less money, you’re dreaming.