Swaro dented objective

I recently bought a set of used Swaro EL 10x42 binos. In previous ownership, they took a good fall and dented the right objective slightly. Clarity/function is not affected, it seems 100% cosmetic. This cosmetic imperfection really helped my get these at a good price.

1. Would you mess with sending these in? function is not affected at all, seems 100% cosmetic.
2. Is warranty only valid to the original purchaser or can i register these as a second owner?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Let me know your thoughts.

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
If it works fine and your fine with it why bother. But flip side you want fixed cause it does bother you. Be honest with them, and they will mostly likely be reasonable with u. Case in point, my friend magilla the gorilla'd his turret on his z5 riflescope and screwed it up royally. Was honest about it. They fixed it for free, he just paid the shipping there and back. He was the 2nd owner on the scope also.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Call Swarovski and register them. They understand their is a huge used market m, they will work with you on the registration process. Once registered send them in and they are pretty reasonable on repairs and/warranty.

I bought a pair of EL’S like this for $450, because the original owner thought they were no good. They have been excellent for me, swaro cleaned them all up for me and I just left the dented objective.

Sounds like a sweet deal!
I’d check the seals before hunting season though. Depending on where you live that might be as easy as going outside on an hot/humid day and seeing if the internal lenses fog up, or leave them out in the bathroom during a hot shower. Better to find out before it happens in the field and they’re useless when you need them.

OP
P
Sounds like a sweet deal!
I’d check the seals before hunting season though. Depending on where you live that might be as easy as going outside on an hot/humid day and seeing if the internal lenses fog up, or leave them out in the bathroom during a hot shower. Better to find out before it happens in the field and they’re useless when you need them.

Great idea. I will absolutely do this.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
When the barrel is out of round they can't service that lens without swapping the barrel out. Might not be a big deal or ...

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
It will leak on you at the worst possible time, your hunting in cold weather. I had that happen to some Kahles binos several years ago. They repaired and upgraded the binos for $400. I'd bet it is about $600 now, but money well spent.

Kurts86

WKR
If you are going to send them in do it soon. Swarovski repairs are often 3 months on repair turn around.