Swarovski EL Range 32

chamois

FNG
I have and they stand quite well. So well in fact, that I might not be using the x42 again.
Mine are the 8x, though.
With 32mm objectives, the 10x might be a bit lacking in pupil exit diameter.

Scooby-93

FNG
I have and they stand quite well. So well in fact, that I might not be using the x42 again.
Mine are the 8x, though.
With 32mm objectives, the 10x might be a bit lacking in pupil exit diameter.
That’s good to know. It would be the 8’s I would buy also.

Are you comparing 8x32 & 8x42 or 10x42?

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
love my Swaro 10x32 EL. Great optic lens used these for years but is not the new RF version.
Low light, just before dawns' early light and last evening light, the vision, clarity is exceptionally good.

Don't see the need for range finding binocs when archery hunting, binocs yes, RF Binocs 🤷‍♂️?
Heck, my rangefinder is 6x magnification. All that's needed for my effective bow range <80yards.
Now rifle hunters, RF Binocs seem a good idea.

review my EL's here @ 4:42 vid timeline:

chamois

FNG
That’s good to know. It would be the 8’s I would buy also.

Are you comparing 8x32 & 8x42 or 10x42?
8x32 with 8x42. I have not been using 10s for years now as they are harder on my eyes than the 8s which also feel steadier. I prefer the larger field of view and use the spotting scope to see the details.

CJ AK

FNG
I just picked up a pair of the 10x32, anything specific your looking to know?
I'm saw you had the leica 10x32 pro's but didn't like them in low light. I've been eyeing that size in a RFB, are the 10x32 swaros noticeably better in low light? The spec sheets show swaro is 4oz lighter and has a .9 better twilight factor. Light transmission was the same.

10x42's definitely have a better twilight factor and will undoubtedly be better in low light, but are also larger and heavier. Do you get what you need out of the 10x32?

I'm saw you had the leica 10x32 pro's but didn't like them in low light. I've been eyeing that size in a RFB, are the 10x32 swaros noticeably better in low light? The spec sheets show swaro is 4oz lighter and has a .9 better twilight factor. Light transmission was the same.

10x42's definitely have a better twilight factor and will undoubtedly be better in low light, but are also larger and heavier. Do you get what you need out of the 10x32?

Have not got real nerdy with them and used the AF charts but anecdotally from what I have used off the porch there is a slight improvement in low light. Didnt get them until after the season so jury is still out for me until I get more real world time.

I will say the swaro's are much less finicky for me regarding eye placement.

Curious if anyone has figured this out in the Swarovski "Ballistic" app: is there a way to show drop in mils in the output table view? All I see is MOA or cm. The app seems very easy to use aside from this. My ammo is right there in the drop down list, no need to input BC, velocity, or weight separately. I find it even more strange that I can't find a mils ballistic output since the binos specifically give me drop in mils at the same time as the range reading.

Curious if anyone has figured this out in the Swarovski "Ballistic" app: is there a way to show drop in mils in the output table view? All I see is MOA or cm. The app seems very easy to use aside from this. My ammo is right there in the drop down list, no need to input BC, velocity, or weight separately. I find it even more strange that I can't find a mils ballistic output since the binos specifically give me drop in mils at the same time as the range reading.

Make the scope a Z8

I tried a bunch of the Z8 scopes but still no MIL option. Maybe I’m missing a setting somewhere?

The drop down options I see on a Z8 scope are:
  • Elevation / windage in cm
  • Elevation / windage in MOA
  • Clicks
  • Speed/Energy

Could be the settings on your phone. My app has it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240328_093015_Ballistics.jpg
    Screenshot_20240328_093015_Ballistics.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 7