Swarovski EL Range 10x42, Swarovski EL Range 8x32 and Revic Acura BLR10b 10x42

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
6a9ee9df8a81a1f3905e31e297223d61.jpg

I did a little hiking and RFing binocular testing this morning. It was a perfect hazy morning with snow flurries, like fall days in the woods.

I keep hearing how the Swaro 32 sucks at ranging, so I thought this would be a good test.

I ranged down into CDA at trees, which is a good test for any RF.

The 32s had no issues ranging trees from 100 yards to 1886 yards. I could not get any readings past 1886 yards. It’s bigger 42mm brother was pretty much the same, only it stopped at 1820 yards. What's funny about the EL range is when it hits its limit.. it freaking hits its limit. No matter how stable I got, it didn’t matter.

The Revic binos are a different beast I had zero issue ranging from 100 yard to 2990 yards off hand at trees. When I put them on a tripod, I hit 3360 quite a few times—Hell of a laser. But glassing with these for long periods gives me a headache. But I do have sensitive little bitch eyes that have issues with bright lights.

All three of them are very fast at ranging and providing solutions.

7ccd1d9a33ae07530603c5b6306489db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
6a9ee9df8a81a1f3905e31e297223d61.jpg

I did a little hiking and RFing binocular testing this morning. It was a perfect hazy morning with snow flurries, like fall days in the woods.

I keep hearing how the Swaro 32 sucks at ranging, so I thought this would be a good test.

I ranged down into CDA at trees, which is a good test for any RF.

The 32s had no issues ranging trees from 100 yards to 1886 yards. I could not get any reading past 1886 yards. It’s bigger 42mm brother was pretty much the same, only it’s stopped at 1820 yards. What's funny about the EL range is when it hits its limit.. it freaking hits its limit. No matter how stable I got, it didn’t matter.

The Revic binos are a different beast I had zero issue ranging from 100 yard to 2990 yards off hand at trees. When I put them on a tripod, I hit 3360 quite a few times—Hell of a laser. But glassing with these for long periods gives me a headache. But I do have sensitive little bitch eyes that have issues with bright lights.

All three of them are very fast at ranging and providing solutions.

7ccd1d9a33ae07530603c5b6306489db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have the ZEISS RFs and love them but always wonder if the TA in the swaros make a big difference? Sometimes I’m wonder what the hell im ranging…hill, snimal, bush, hill, animal, hill, bush….

Have you compared the TA vs other RFs?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have the ZEISS RFs and love them but always wonder if the TA in the swaros make a big difference? Sometimes I’m wonder what the hell im ranging…hill, snimal, bush, hill, animal, hill, bush….

Have you compared the TA vs other RFs?
I have compared them to lots of other RFing binos. The TAs have the weakest laser of the big three but the best glass IMO(I need to see the new Leica AB+). But the laser in the TAs is more than enough for my hunting needs.

I loved the Zeiss RFing binos I had, but they kept breaking. The button stopped working. I got that fixed, and then the laser just quit one day. I got them fixed and sold them. But some of that is the luck of the draw. Any brand can produce a lemon.

Scorpion

WKR
Have you tested the accuracy of the onboard inclinometers, especially on steep angles (45*+)?

Curious how they perform as I know that was a challenge with a lot of rangefinders in the past. I’m thinking of archery hunting scenarios on a cliff above the animal, maybe even a mountain rifle hunt in sheep or goat country.

I’m with you on the Swaro’s being comfortable to sit behind all day. That’s the one thing I don’t think that I can give up with my binoculars. That has made me very hesitant to jump on the non-Alpha RF Bino train, regardless of how good the laser is.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
That is very eye opening as the Swaro literature shows the range of the 32s a little less than the 42s IIRC.

I’m hankering to dip my toes back into RF binos. Wondering how fast the new Leicas can populate the elevation solution after ranging. From the s2h podcast it sounded like that might be improved from prior models?

handwerk

WKR
Thanks for the write up Ryan, I saw the same results when I had the 10x42 TA's. Where you out at all in fading light? I wonder how the 8x32's did vs. the 42's?