Swarovski NL pure with outdoorsman’s stud

WRO

WKR
I hate those stupid ass rings like them and Aziak. I have an Aziak and a RRS cinch both sitting here and they’re annoying to use. Not to mention the issues with Swarovski armor and there’s no doubt that’s going to accelerate that.

If this voids the warranty I’ll be removing it and selling my NL’s for something else. I love them but the ability to use the stud and install it myself was one of my main reasons for purchasing them.

There’s nothing else as good, so good luck. If they broke, they’ll still take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
If this voids the warranty I’ll be removing it and selling my NL’s for something else.
But hey! There's a ton of us that have been using them with the OD studs for well over two years with no issues? I haven't heard of anyone around here that has had the stud cause any issues. Anyone hear of issues due to using the stud?

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
As long as the stud does not cause collimation issues between the barrels, I think the stud will be fine if the engineers feel that the threads cannot support the weight of the binos. The NL threads look like stainless steel as well as the outdoorsmans stud. I could not imagine the shear strength being an issue. If I tried to break the threads, I would probably damage something else before those threads broke.

There’s nothing else as good, so good luck. If they broke, they’ll still take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what makes you think that if they’re saying it voids the warranty. No there isn’t anything else as good, but there are other options that work just fine. Never mind the fact that their SLC 15x56’s that weigh a pound more have threading in the same spot and they even sell an adaptor for.

But hey! There's a ton of us that have been using them with the OD studs for well over two years with no issues? I haven't heard of anyone around here that has had the stud cause any issues. Anyone hear of issues due to using the stud?

If they’re saying warranty void they must have had some sort of issues. There are also issues that aren’t discussed here. If you go to birdforum there are several posts on the Swarovski section of people who are having the new biodegradable armor falling apart on their binoculars after on a few years of use. I’ve never seen that issue discussed here and it’s probably because hunters and using their binos for a few months out of the year whereas hardcore birders often use them every day and are handling them more.

BBob

WKR
My WAG to the warranty void thing is someone dropped them while attached to the stud on a tripod and expected Swaro to fix them for free. Or maybe they envision that happening and they aren't going to eat it? If I did it I'd expect to get denied and would just own up and pay to have them fixed if that happened.

Their position seems pretty reasonable.

You're making a modification to the binocular that they've never endorsed, during which you replace parts. It sucks that the NLs don't have a tripod pin, but if Outdoorsman couldn't compel them to authorize it you won't either.
But the WKR moniker commands others bow down and do as they are told.

• Haha
Reactions: WRO
My WAG to the warranty void thing is someone dropped them while attached to the stud on a tripod and expected Swaro to fix them for free. Or maybe they envision that happening and they aren't going to eat it? If I did it I'd expect to get denied and would just own up and pay to have them fixed if that happened.

But the same couldn’t happen to EL’s or SLC’s with studs….

WRO

WKR
And what makes you think that if they’re saying it voids the warranty. No there isn’t anything else as good, but there are other options that work just fine. Never mind the fact that their SLC 15x56’s that weigh a pound more have threading in the same spot and they even sell an adaptor for.

Hmm, could it be that the SLC 15's were designed for it with the extra weight? I run the Aziak on mine and like it better than the stud system, significantly lighter and one less part to lose.

OP
duckhunterrr

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
Per Outdoorsmans. They told me that if Swarovski were to refuse to cover warranty work due to the stud they would take care of whatever it may be for us. I’m also assuming that’s if it’s stud related.

Per Outdoorsmans. They told me that if Swarovski were to refuse to cover warranty work due to the stud they would take care of whatever it may be for us. I’m also assuming that’s if it’s stud related.

That’s good to hear. There were a couple other topics I was able to find on google search and it seems like if you send them in with the stud you’re warranty is void period, regardless of whether the stud caused an issue. A simple solution would be to just remove the stud and clean off the loctite residue and reinstall the factory plug before sending them in for any work or service.

It’s still shitty that they won’t just honor the warranty with the stud though.

Mark@Outdoorsmans

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey everyone! Glad to see some good conversations about our products. I just want to hop on and clear some things up.

While we obviously would love Swarovski to make the NLs and other binoculars with a dedicated mount for an adapter they unfortunately don't yet. Also their stance on our stud in the ELs is reasonable. All they are saying is it is not designed for that use and therefor they cannot endorse or support it, thats understandable.

Here is the deal though. We manufacture all of our parts with the strongest materials we possibly can and truly believe that most people will use the NL stud for the rest of their lives with no issue. Shit happens though and if the stud were to ever cause any issues with the binoculars we are promising to cover any repair charge that would have normally been covered under the Swarovski warranty.

We never want anything to stand in the way of people using our products. We have been making modifications to Swarovski binoculars for a very long time and hopefully our reputation with things like this speaks for itself. If it doesn't please call us and we can discuss any concerns you may have.

Thanks everyone!

OP
duckhunterrr

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone! Glad to see some good conversations about our products. I just want to hop on and clear some things up.

While we obviously would love Swarovski to make the NLs and other binoculars with a dedicated mount for an adapter they unfortunately don't yet. Also their stance on our stud in the ELs is reasonable. All they are saying is it is not designed for that use and therefor they cannot endorse or support it, thats understandable.

Here is the deal though. We manufacture all of our parts with the strongest materials we possibly can and truly believe that most people will use the NL stud for the rest of their lives with no issue. Shit happens though and if the stud were to ever cause any issues with the binoculars we are promising to cover any repair charge that would have normally been covered under the Swarovski warranty.

We never want anything to stand in the way of people using our products. We have been making modifications to Swarovski binoculars for a very long time and hopefully our reputation with things like this speaks for itself. If it doesn't please call us and we can discuss any concerns you may have.

Thanks everyone!
Thanks Mark! Glad I got my order placed with you yesterday for the OD set up! Can’t wait