Swarovski spotting scope cover?

Fuzzybock

FNG
Just a few months ago I went thru the search for a stay on case for my ATS 65 and settled on the Ace Optics house brand case. Wasnt a fan of the others on the market and wasnt going to spend Swaro prices for a case that blocks the barrel rotating knob. I am very pleased with the Ace case and cost was around $112usd shipped. https://www.aceoptics.co.uk/swarovski/stay-on-cases

Brooks

WKR
I did the vet tape for my Swaro spotter when I first got it but never did like it. I found a Swaro cover in perfect condition here in the classifieds for half price. After having this cover if I couldn’t find a used one I would buy a brand new one I like it that much.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for everyone's input! I ended up ordering a Kite.

I thought hard about vet's tape and think it would do a decent job on protecting the body of the spotter, but I also want additional protection for the lenses and the stay on covers provide both.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can also get them on Amazon, might be from the same outfit- it took a couple of weeks to get????

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
More than likely the Amazon vendor is importing from overseas, as I don't believe there is a US distributor any more, once Eagle Optics went out of business. There is also a small price difference between Amazon and the UK shop, if cost is a factor(65ATS KITE Skua):
Amazon: $139 + $25 shipping= $164
NatureShop: $116 + $24 shipping= $140

yeah would have been nice to save $25! :)

I realize the OP has already finalized his search, but I am going to throw my .02c in on the Outdoor Vision case for my ATS 65. I had a neoprene cover and hated it. The OV is pretty damn nice and doesn't feel cheesy or bulky. Carry on...

MtnMuley

WKR
I'm a big fan of the Swaro objective cover and using a koozie on the eyepiece. Not the flat folding koozies, but the round foam type. Best set up out there in my opinion.

Yeah, really most need advice. I would suggest the link of the thread to some of my friends as they are crazy for hunting gears and hunting hacks. I also got a few custom koozies for myself and my tracking buddies.
Get a koozie with the "sealed" bottom, not the open one. Mine was a freebie from my employer. Looking a little worn where I slip it over the site tube, and I'm on the 3rd slit for the purpose but still 100% functional and beats the heck out of the stock Swaro rubber "fall-off" cap.

NDhunter1

FNG
For the life of me I cannot find the Kite optics cover for the eye piece. Does anyone have a site one can order that from?
Thanks

centershot

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoor Vision makes a somewhat replica of the Swaro stay-on ones. They are way less expensive and good quality. I run one on my 80mm ATS (they make them for the "X" models too). You can get them from blackovis and places like that. The full Marsupial gear cases are good options too.
Have one of these ordered for my ATS 65

Here's a different take: I bought a used Swaro STS80 on here and it came with a ratty-looking Cabela's neoprene cover that looked like it had been trampled by a herd of elk. Wrapped in that thing (which is 100% functional) my alpha glass looks like nothing worth stealing...

BluMtn

WKR
They make the European Black cover, but I don't like it as well as the original green covers. I think I am just going to leave my wrap on it and call it good.