Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 BT

Trr15

WKR
So, with the 10% camerlandny discount I couldn't resist and placed an order on a demo z3 4-12x50 with ballistic turret. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing, but my excitement will probably wane once my wife finds out about it. Lol...Anyway, to this point I've pretty much been a set it and forget guy when it comes to rifle scopes. Most of my hunting is done with a bow anyway but I am getting more interested in long-ish range shooting and like the idea of dialing yardage. I have never shot at an animal beyond 300 yards, and most of the "dialing" will be done at the range, but with practice if I become proficient enough to take a 400-500 yard shot at an animal I like the thought of cranking the turret and not having to factor in holdover. I know swarovski glass is top notch, but I don't know much about the turret system beyond what I could find online (meaning I don't know anyone with firsthand experience). Anyone have any experience with this scope, good or bad? Any feedback at all is welcome because I'm not even going to pretend that I know shit about this stuff. The scope seemed pretty user friendly compared to others I've researched and the price was right.

Thanks guys

colonel00

WKR
When your wife finds out about it, I will take it off your hands. Been eyeing that scope for a while now and I too am tempted by their sale.

Shrek

WKR
It's a nice scope for medium range . I have one and like it a lot. It's got 10.5 MOA from zero stop . Almost one full turn of the dial until you hit the stop again . No parallax adjustment so eye alignment is critical at longer range . Depending on what you are shooting and your base zero you will have somewhere between 500 yards to 725 yards max dial most likely. That's plenty for what I want to do hunting but it might leave you wanting at the range. I don't think you will find a better compromise of weight and performance. 15.25 oz on my scale and with my 6.5 saum zeroed at 225 yards I'm good to 700 yards on the dial.

OP
Trr15

Trr15

WKR
Thanks Shrek. The scope will be sitting on top of my tikka t3 superlite 7mm mag with a 200 yd zero. Shooting 168 gr Bergers. The light weight was definitely one of the deciding factors. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.