SWFA SS Optical Quality

matthewmt

WKR
I just mounted a 6x on a 20" lite compact 308 and it is a nice pair. Shot well, never had to touch windage just brought up elevation. I thought the glass was nice and I liked the reticle. Only shot at 100 so I'm anxious to shoot for 4-500.
I dont have a ton of time behind different scopes. Previous optic was a 4.5-18 lrhi Bushnell which was a bit big for a compact gun. The 6x is substantially lighter and more compact.
Before that was a 2.5-8 Leopold mk4. I backordered a swfa 3-9 and another 6x.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

qotsa23

FNG
Form, these comparative pics are really great. Curious how far away roughly is the tree you were aiming at?

m77huntr

FNG
Legal sunset. Of note, the sun has actually been set for just over an hour behind the mountains.

Scope 1:
View attachment 581855

Scope 2:
View attachment 581856

Scope 3:
View attachment 581857

Scope 4:
View attachment 581858

Scope 5:
View attachment 581859

Scope 1: reticle is useless in any shadow now. Scope 3 and scope 5 have “soft” or slightly undefined images- still usable. Scope 2 and 4 are still easy to see and use.
These are amazing pictures thank you! Im almost dead set on the swfa 3-15 just because it’s in stock compared to the 3-9HD. Would you suggest waiting for the 3-9HD to come back in stock compared to just getting the 3-15 now? Hunting and steel plinking at 600yard use.

amassi

WKR
These are amazing pictures thank you! Im almost dead set on the swfa 3-15 just because it’s in stock compared to the 3-9HD. Would you suggest waiting for the 3-9HD to come back in stock compared to just getting the 3-15 now? Hunting and steel plinking at 600yard use.

3-9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Backorder 3-9x and buy 3-15x and start shooting.

Dobermann

WKR
I've mentioned it in some other threads, but Ilya has stated that whole SWFA shipments have come in, only to all go to backorders.

In other words, if you want one, backorder it. Don't wait until they show as being in stock on the site, as you may miss out.

m77huntr

FNG
I've mentioned it in some other threads, but Ilya has stated that whole SWFA shipments have come in, only to all go to backorders.

In other words, if you want one, backorder it. Don't wait until they show as being in stock on the site, as you may miss out.
Thanks, ill backorder one and just bite the bullet for the 3-15 now so I can enjoy it. It will be my first ffp scope and these get great reviews so I doubt i’ll have any regrets.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I’ll backorder one and just bite the bullet for the 3-15 now so I can enjoy it. It will be my first ffp scope and these get great reviews so I doubt i’ll have any regrets.
I’ve had a 6x for a year on a .223 and really enjoyed it. I just got a 3-15 and put it on a 6.5CM CTR and I am very impressed with the scope for the cost. Also have a 3-9 that’s been on backorder since April but in the mean time I have no regrets about buying a 3-15 as a placeholder. Hell, it may even stay on the 6.5CM as I like it that much.

fwafwow

WKR
I do the same. It’s easy. I wouldn’t mess with trying to rig up a zero stop.

View attachment 581627
After having zeroed my 6X and finally having mounted my 3-9x, I'm embarrassed to now focus on this and see how obvious this "fix" is over the plastic washer zero stop that I so painstakingly figured out for the 3-15x. I do admit that the windage revolution indicator on the 3-9x is a bit harder to see, but that's no excuse.

@Antares = how do you like the MKM throw lever, and is that the black nylon, carbon fiber or pro series version? I'm comparing throw levers and caps from MK vs. Aadland.