SWFA, what’s the deal?

ChrisAU

WKR
I'm a 1/4/23 order. I think there was someone on here who got theirs from the last batch and was a 1/3 order, so I am hopeful. The card I used expired in April, but they assured me they'd call...

I called and gave them a new number, but my old number still shows on the order on my account. Which I didn't buy until 2/13, so I'm guessing I got a few more months lol.

sndmn11

WKR
I called and gave them a new number, but my old number still shows on the order on my account. Which I didn't buy until 2/13, so I'm guessing I got a few more months lol.

I've emailed a few times; approaching expiration, after expiration, and check in, and they've said everytime they don't want my new number til it's time.

My hope is I don't get passed up.

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
Some of us Hunt to acquire gear. Others acquire gear to go Hunt. The order matters.

As a self-confessed and recovering former Gear Slut, I have to constantly remind myself that nothing replaces time in the mountains. Buying gear may scratch that itch temporarily, but it's self-defeating in the end. Buying toys =/= hunting.

The running joke about the Rokslide Special (Tikka + SWFA + Sportsmatch), while quite hilarious and very meme-able, also has a depressing truth to it for people like me: That specific combination of gear is affordable, rugged, accurate, and repeatable. It doesn't matter who you are or where you live right now, if you buy that combination, you will have a tool that will cover 100% of the hunting you will ever do in your lifetime. And you will never have to tinker with it ever. It just works. It may as well be the Toyota Hilux of backcountry rifles.

I know I'm off on a tangent here, but I think it's important to post my own personal screw-ups in hopes that people won't make the same mistakes I made in my 20's and early 30's. I wasted so much time and money chasing perfect gear combinations, instead of actually getting out to the mountains. And I can't ever get that time back.

Buying gear that works gives you time back. (No time spent dicking around "Re-zeroing" a rifle, for example.) Tikka + SWFA + Sportsmatch means you never have to worry about reading comparatives, or gear reviews, or hunting rags, or watching youtube videos. You will have a capable and competent tool for the job of hunting, that has been vetted by some of the most hardcore mountain hunters out there. Go spend that time hunting, instead of analyzing gear.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. (And @KenLee this is not a criticism of you/your post at all. I went off on a tangent all on my own.)

I'd probably put the scope on a 30 yr old NEF single shot before I bought a Tikka...unless I ran across one dirt cheap.

KenLee

WKR
Some of us Hunt to acquire gear. Others acquire gear to go Hunt. The order matters.

As a self-confessed and recovering former Gear Slut, I have to constantly remind myself that nothing replaces time in the mountains. Buying gear may scratch that itch temporarily, but it's self-defeating in the end. Buying toys =/= hunting.

The running joke about the Rokslide Special (Tikka + SWFA + Sportsmatch), while quite hilarious and very meme-able, also has a depressing truth to it for people like me: That specific combination of gear is affordable, rugged, accurate, and repeatable. It doesn't matter who you are or where you live right now, if you buy that combination, you will have a tool that will cover 100% of the hunting you will ever do in your lifetime. And you will never have to tinker with it ever. It just works. It may as well be the Toyota Hilux of backcountry rifles.

I know I'm off on a tangent here, but I think it's important to post my own personal screw-ups in hopes that people won't make the same mistakes I made in my 20's and early 30's. I wasted so much time and money chasing perfect gear combinations, instead of actually getting out to the mountains. And I can't ever get that time back.

Buying gear that works gives you time back. (No time spent dicking around "Re-zeroing" a rifle, for example.) Tikka + SWFA + Sportsmatch means you never have to worry about reading comparatives, or gear reviews, or hunting rags, or watching youtube videos. You will have a capable and competent tool for the job of hunting, that has been vetted by some of the most hardcore mountain hunters out there. Go spend that time hunting, instead of analyzing gear.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. (And @KenLee this is not a criticism of you/your post at all. I went off on a tangent all on my own.)
Only thing I heard was Hilux. :)
That's a mic drop

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
At least you have the opportunity to buy one.

SWFA won't sell to Canadian buyers. It sucks soooo much.
I’m really really hoping to see some awesome gen 2 scopes drop end of this year.

Problem is I don’t need one….

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

About to buy my 4th SWFA scope. Was going to wait to Black Friday but I got impatient reading this thread, maybe I'll get another on BF.

Thanks guys you're terrible influences. Anyone want to buy a Bushnell Nitro?? 😂

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
I know it is kind of taboo to resurrect an old thread but here we go. It appears as if not a lot has changed with the availability of the more popular SWFA scopes. Most of the HDs are still out of stock, some of the well liked SSs (6&10X) are out of stock. I placed a BO March 2023 for a 3-9x42HD that has not been delivered as of yet. How have you guys made out with your back orders?

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Order my 3-9 in Feb still no luck either. I am however hopeful this year brings good things for Swfa. From the threads on here it looks like they are launching some new lines.

Hurley88

FNG
Ordered 3-9x42 HD in Feb 2023, was told March-ish of this year by them recently.

Put Athlon Midas Tac 4-16x44 in its place, 120rds of 6.5 Creed and three drops. Two from about two feet, one from a foot high. Still tracks so far, but it’s young yet. We’ll see. Dropped an SWFA 3-15x42 SS scope down underneath a 12lb rifle about a foot too though. That one still tracks as well. Haven’t drop-kicked anything yet, but they’re holding up to light abuse!

Bama67

FNG
Yeah the email I got the other day pretty much verbatim, was
"We have them on order and have no idea when we will receive them."
No, "thanks for your interest", or anything like that.

But it's more insane to me how you have no idea on the status of a product you sell, for literally months now. Oh well.

Hurley88

FNG
You guys have more patience than I.
I would’ve given up on this company long ago
Yup, if the Athlon proves reliable I’m buying three more for other rifles. Tbh the zoom ring & parallax knob tension are perfect, capped windage turret is a plus, image quality is nicer, zero stop is good to have, and I really prefer the 10mil per revolution on the elevation turret.

I get issues & setbacks. I’ve waited 6-8mo for barrels and stocks, sometimes longer. But over a year for an optic…I’m not hanging around. They may be reliable, but in the time it takes to get one I could already have had enough fun to break & replace three of a different scope!

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved

Been there, trying not to do that.

sneaky

"DADDY"
How many pencils do you think are stuck in the ceiling of the SWFA offices? Has to be a lot. I mean, in between responding to emails about availability what else do they have to do?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk