T & K Leg Gaiters

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
Hey guys,

So, I wanted to do a thread going over our leg gaiters. I will go over materials, pros, cons, and what you can expect from us as far as the warranty goes.

These gaiters are 100% Made in the USA if that matters to you as a user. Over the past several years of manufacturing them, we have made numerous adjustments to really narrow in any gaps that were present.

As you will see from the below picture, we do not have any closure up front. The #10 Zipper and Velcro closure is in the back, as we wanted to minimize debris and moisture from entering as you walk forward. We use all metal components with no buckling system. Our under the boot strap is a braided steel to minimize failures. The wire goes under the boot, through a metal D ring, and back under the boot until attaching to a black metal snap hook. There is no left or right gaiter. It's totally user preference if you want the black snap hook on the inside of outside. There is a method to the madness with this. For one, we don't use buckle systems that often fail, and the wire acts as a cinch to pull the gaiter down and tight around the boot. Some folks may see a setup like this as a potential for snags, which can ultimately occur...just like any piece of equipment. Yet, I have not heard of anyone having a specific snag issue. The braided steel underwire does a great job of minimizing snow build up, which has been an issue for some of our customers with other brands.

The top of the leg gaiter features 1.5" nylon elastic webbing with a velcro cinch. This is great for preventing the gaiter from sliding down the leg, while also preventing debris and moisture from entering the top of the gaiter and running down into your boots or lower pants. The bottom front of the leg gaiter is outfitted with a metal G Hook as a shoelace hook, and also has a metal triglide slide to adjust tension for the shoelace hook. The tension keeps the gaiter more tight/loose to the front of the boot.

Finally, the bottom of the leg gaiter on the back is outfitted with a G hook and numerous webbing slots to prevent the gaiter fabric from rolling up when dredging through snow. This sounds complicating, but is pretty straight forward when you see it.

The outside is made with 1000D Cordura with an inner 400D Nylon packcloth lining. We have done many tests on water penetration when these two fabrics are stacked. We have seen zero penetration even after several hours of exposure, but this does not mean they are waterproof. Leg gaiters are not waterproof, no matter what a company tells you. Statements like this are simply a sales gimmick to get you to purchase. What you can do is treat the outside of the gaiter with a good DWR several times a year, and seam seal any stitches you see inside the gaiter, as these will be the points where tiny particles of moistures can enter. It should be noted, our 1000D Cordura comes coated with a DWR from the factory.

The PROS:
-Highly Durable, Water Resistant, and we see low amounts of failures. Surprisingly, even with the heavy duty materials we use, they are pretty unnoticeable after walking a few hundred yards.

The CONS:
-It can take longer to put on than other brands.
-It is not super breathable or silent. Tightly woven fabrics structured for high water or abrasion resistance are not going to be breathable (no matter what a company says), and 1000D Cordura is certainly not fleece.

Warranty- We guarantee all workmanship, components, and wear and tear. As long as you don't intentionally damage product to get new product we will take care of you.

This was a short down and dirty. If you have any specific questions, concerns, or comments...feel free to drop a comment, send me a PM, or email me at [email protected]

We also have numerous videos on Youtube going over this product. Simply search "T & K Hunting Gear".

You can use code ROKSLIDE15 (all caps) during checkout to save 15% on a pair at tandkhunting.com

Thank ya!

0gaioter.jpeg

Last edited:

Delta21

FNG
Haven’t had chance to put to use yet, but I will say they are built like a tank. You can tell just by handling, they are quality.

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
Haven’t had chance to put to use yet, but I will say they are built like a tank. You can tell just by handling, they are quality.
Thanks man! We have some stellar sewing machine operators. They are not cheap to make, but they will do you well in the field.

tap09

FNG
Thanks for the write up (and code!) The You Tube videos are very helpful as well. Look forward to ordering a pair here soon.

Poser

WKR
I have a silly question. But let me set it up first.

Everytime I see a plug for T&K gaiters, I hear Al Pacino circa “Donnie Brasco” era saying “leg gaiters, you know, for your legs”

Elsewhere in the industry, “leg gaiters” are referred to simply as “gaiters.” I’m not even sure how accurate the term “leg gaiters” is in terms of body parts in relation to the purpose they serve. Since they ultimately protect your feet, “foot gaiters” would seek to be more of an accurate body part description than “leg gaiters”, though the simple designation of “gaiters”, as opposed to the only other gaiter on the market, the neck gaiter, seems accurate enough to suffice. I see that Sometimes they are referred to as “walking gaiters” or even “military gaiters.”

So, to my question, why do you call them “leg gaiters”?

rcb2000

WKR

Everytime I see a plug for T&K gaiters, I hear Al Pacino circa “Donnie Brasco” era saying “leg gaiters, you know, for your legs”

Elsewhere in the industry, “leg gaiters” are referred to simply as “gaiters.” I’m not even sure how accurate the term “leg gaiters” is in terms of body parts in relation to the purpose they serve. Since they ultimately protect your feet, “foot gaiters” would seek to be more of an accurate body part description than “leg gaiters”, though the simple designation of “gaiters”, as opposed to the only other gaiter on the market, the neck gaiter, seems accurate enough to suffice. I see that Sometimes they are referred to as “walking gaiters” or even “military gaiters.”

Neck gaiters, arm gaiters, 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved

Google leg gaiters. The term is more widely used than you think. I guess I haven't thought much into why I call them leg gaiters versus boot gaiters or gaiters. Similarly to folks saying creek versus crick I would guess. Different strokes for different folks.

RAAAR

FNG
I just bought some in past few weeks. Not used yet but the quality is evident. Also, thanks for the military discount. Retired Marine here, and definitely appreciate it..

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
I just bought some in past few weeks. Not used yet but the quality is evident. Also, thanks for the military discount. Retired Marine here, and definitely appreciate it..
Of course! Let me know if you need anything at all. Semper.

Delta21

FNG
Ever put any thought into snakeproof gaiters?
I might be wrong, don’t stake your own health on this, but when I was shopping, I compared a lot of different brands. One reason I landed on TK was the 1000D cordura. I think these may be pretty snake resistant. Hope I don’t ever have to find out. Look forward to see what the man behind the brand has to say

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
Ever put any thought into snakeproof gaiters?

I get this question more times than I can count in a day. haha

The big reason I don't want to get into that specific claim is for liability reasons. It takes a lot of money for certifications, lawyers, and it drastically increases insurance premiums.

It's similar to tree stands and safety harnesses. There is tons of liability. I don't have investors with deep pockets. My pockets have a few pennies after I pay my employees, rent, and buy material. Last thing I want to do is sit in a court room.

People sue for burning their mouths on hot coffee these days...

See where I am going with this...

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
Here is an overview with some specifics if you guys need em!IMG_8241.jpg

snipe10

FNG
Just sent the link to my sister so she can get me some for Christmas, she's always wanting to buy me something I'll really like. Looks like this year, she'll get it done!