Tactacam or Spartan?

I have a tactacam and was just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on Spartan before I buy more tactacams.

those 2 are in complete different worlds. Tactacam is a budget camera that provides good value at that price point but the Spartans are a much much better, but they come at a higher price point

OP
Hoosier2425
I have little experience with cell cams. But the pics on that tactacam seem really grainy and unclear.

They provide good value at that price point but they leave a lot to be desired. Picture quality is nothing special. When we tested tactacams side by side with Spartans, Reconyx, Exodus, Stealth, Covert & browning the results were eye opening, they miss a pile of photos, recovery time between photos is terrible.

theduke11

FNG
Tactacam doesn’t compare to Spartan but they do work and will be more than adequate for most uses. I didn’t like having multiple apps for different brands of cameras and now only use Tactacam

OP
Hoosier2425
For some reason, my Tactacam eats through batteries pretty quick.
I literally just put batteries in mine last Wednesday and got the message last night that it’s consumed 80% already lol. Not the first time it’s happened either.

will.d

FNG
I literally just put batteries in mine last Wednesday and got the message last night that it’s consumed 80% already lol. Not the first time it’s happened either.
It's pretty disappointing. I may add a solar panel.

It's pretty disappointing. I may add a solar panel.
I have this issue as well on one of my Tactacams, whereas the other lasts forever. I think it's a quality issue, found a thread on another forum with multiple reports of this. Going to try and get Tactacam to replace.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I have this issue as well on one of my Tactacams, whereas the other lasts forever. I think it's a quality issue, found a thread on another forum with multiple reports of this. Going to try and get Tactacam to replace.
Let me know how this goes...I now have a couple doing this, some others won't even send anymore. Tried the upgrades and nada. These are 1st gens and 2nd gens...trying to decide if I want to replace with new ta tacams or start going a different route.