Talley Rings for Howa 1500 Mini Action?

TexasEx

FNG
Recently picked up a Howa 1500 in 6.5 Grendel. Interested in mounting a Vortex Viper PST II 2-10x32 but concerned the eyepiece housing (1.81" or 46mm OD) will get in the way when cycling. Currently cutting it close w/ a the VX 3-9 on low rings.

Anyone any out there running Talley rings with a similarly sized optics and have guidance on medium vs. high rings and standard vs. extended option? Open to other options too such as a pic rail, but ideally I'd like to keep the centerline as low as possible.

Any input is appreciated!

Recently picked up a Howa 1500 in 6.5 Grendel. Interested in mounting a Vortex Viper PST II 2-10x32 but concerned the eyepiece housing (1.81" or 46mm OD) will get in the way when cycling. Currently cutting it close w/ a the VX 3-9 on low rings.

Anyone any out there running Talley rings with a similarly sized optics and have guidance on medium vs. high rings and standard vs. extended option? Open to other options too such as a pic rail, but ideally I'd like to keep the centerline as low as possible.

Any input is appreciated!
I just did some of this with my Mini in 6arc. I found the chart from Vortex with the dimensions and wrote in the dimensions from Leupold on the scope I have mounted now, and the Diamondback Tactical FFP that was in there before.

The rifle has Talley medium 30mm rings with extended front. This was fine with the DB-T, but with this Leupold I wish I could push it just a tick more forward, but not enough to buy another set of rings, the eye box is perfect with any magnification over 5.

The bolt knob was real close with the DB-T and is also with the Leupold, but I added the clamp on extended knob and it’s a non-issue now. I plan on having the bolt threaded for a regular extended knob in the future.

IMG_1034.jpeg

IMG_1032.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

Darryle

WKR
I have a new set of Talley Lightweight lows for the Mini if you are interested, $40 shipped.

I actually have 3 sets and intended to use a Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm on all 3 rifles.

I decided to go with Burris picatinny bases instead IMG_8401.jpegIMG_8402.jpegIMG_8403.jpegIMG_8404.jpegIMG_8400.jpeg

OP
TexasEx

TexasEx

FNG
I just did some of this with my Mini in 6arc. I found the chart from Vortex with the dimensions and wrote in the dimensions from Leupold on the scope I have mounted now, and the Diamondback Tactical FFP that was in there before.

The rifle has Talley medium 30mm rings with extended front. This was fine with the DB-T, but with this Leupold I wish I could push it just a tick more forward, but not enough to buy another set of rings, the eye box is perfect with any magnification over 5.

The bolt knob was real close with the DB-T and is also with the Leupold, but I added the clamp on extended knob and it’s a non-issue now. I plan on having the bolt threaded for a regular extended knob in the future.

View attachment 552194

View attachment 552192

View attachment 552193
Thanks for the input, turborick. I dig the paint job. Is that a B&C stock?

OP
TexasEx

TexasEx

FNG
I have a new set of Talley Lightweight lows for the Mini if you are interested, $40 shipped.

I actually have 3 sets and intended to use a Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm on all 3 rifles.

I decided to go with Burris picatinny bases instead View attachment 552220View attachment 552221View attachment 552222View attachment 552223View attachment 552224
Much appreciated sir, but I think I'm limited to medium/high, or a rail for this rifle. Will keep ya in mind though--have a B14 that I may switch from rail to rings. Would have PM'd you but I'm such a FNG I don't have the capability. Feel free to shoot me one though.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
20221103_203231.jpg

Howa Mini, 25mm Talley lows with a Weaver Classic 3-9x38, it's close at the barrel end but plenty of eyepiece clearance when cycling.
Eyepiece outer diameter is 37mm.

GA284

FNG

mbods12

FNG

I decided to go with Burris picatinny bases instead View attachment 552220View attachment 552221View attachment 552222View attachment 552223View attachment 552224
Hi there I will be putting the exact same scope on my Mini action 223. Do these Talley low rings fit with this scope on the mini action?