Tangolio witness 9 mm polymer full size

I bought one new in 2005 with an extra 16 round clip after the Clinton bill ended. I shot several hundred rounds of full metal jacket cheap ball ammo through it without a single failure and it’s actually pretty accurate. It’s been holstered upstairs and hasn’t been shot since 2006. I just don’t really shoot my firearms much anymore, but I have a surplus of ammo sitting around for an emergency. Recently, I’ve been taking a liking to this pistol again and have just been interested in just what I actually have. It looks like they are no longer imported by EAA so the companies must’ve ended their contract? Basically I bought this gun for 250 bucks back then and it’s been a nice pistol. Out of boredom I’ve just been trying to search up YouTube videos about it and I’m just curious what is the history of tangolio? One video said they were a company that makes quality stuff and they started manufacturing arms after World War II when the country gained its independence back. I know my pistol is reliable, accurate, and a nice shooter but I’m just curious just how cheap is it considered to a Glock or a Smith & Wesson etc.? Is it the name or is the witness really made out of substandard materials? I’m just trying to learn a little more about a gun I already own.

Thegman

WKR
I've not owned one, so take this with for what it's worth, but when they made them in 10mm, I was pretty interested in them and never read anything bad about them that I can recall. I -think- they're pretty good pistols, and yours seems to have been reliable and that's where the rubber meets the road, so to speak. A lot on a Glock, for example, is made out of injection molded plastic parts, and probably metal stampings. Pretty cheap stuff, but all works together really well

OP
fulldraw71
I've not owned one, so take this with for what it's worth, but when they made them in 10mm, I was pretty interested in them and never read anything bad about them that I can recall. I -think- they're pretty good pistols, and yours seems to have been reliable and that's where the rubber meets the road, so to speak. A lot on a Glock, for example, is made out of injection molded plastic parts, and probably metal stampings. Pretty cheap stuff, but all works together really well
Surprised to hear that about Glock. I would have thought they were higher end stuff.

OP
fulldraw71
I competed with a Witness in IPSC for years. It's an Italian CZ75, no more no less. Good stuff.

-J
That’s good to know. I always thought it was a good pistol but Ive read comments after a review of people saying not to put your life on the line with cheap stuff and to spend the money on quality. Comments like those have made me wonder how cheap they really were especially because they dont cost as much as some others.