Tentipi Safirflex 15 Tent Review

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased a Safir 9 last year and have used it mostly for ice fishing so far. I heat it with a Winnerwell Nomad large stove. I do need to bring extra pipe to get out the top of the tent, and like you mentioned with the 2 dog stove the pipes don’t fit in the stove. Because I use the internal combustion engine for transport I have another bin where I keep the exhaust pipe oven, water tank, percolator and extra pipes in this crate.
the only complaint I have with the tent is the price, and that is known going into it. I purchased it expecting it to last 20 years and so far it is holding up great. 40-50km/hr steady winds and you don’t even know it if you are inside the tipi.
I spent the night on the lake last weekend, dropped to -18C and I didn’t have my big bag to sleep in. Asian tourists woke me up at 3am as they were taking pictures of the northern lights with my tent in the picture. I woke up cold, and within 8 minutes of lighting the fire (I timed it) my breath could not be seen in the tent.
An unexpected issue I have ran into is there are now 7 pieces of exhaust pipe on my stove and the pipe oven and when it gets hot enough it flexes at the base of the pipe and slants towards the front of the stove. Less than a 1/8” at the stove but up top it will rest on the tent. The opening is 6” and I have the double walled pipe to exit the tent, have not noticed any issues of overheating or burning the tent yet but it still needs to be monitored. Not a tent issue, a stove issue.
purchase the hanging rings for the top of the tent to hang clothes and other items, worth every penny.
Thanks for all the feedback. I’d say normal use you would get 20+ years easily out of this there might be a few repairs to be made in that time but properly taken care of, canvas is going to go the long game.