The end of bow hunting

Today I cleaned out my old office in the garage. As I worked my way through the odds and ends that littered the shelves and my sewing machine, I discovered my arrows and archery gear. Things I haven't been able to use since the late 90s. Things that took me back to my Fred Bear recurve days. Acknowledging that those days are gone forever, I pitched it all out and am moving on.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Moved apartments yesterday, moved so many times in the past ten years. Threw out a heap of graphic band-tee shirts. I like to snap a photo and then set them gently into the trash. It’s more about people anyways

I cant throw out all that stuff. I can toss some of it but I always keep some to hang on the wall out of my way from each era of my lifetime in the outdoors. I been pretty good recently disposing with fishing equipment no longer used. I few years ago I purged tons of hunting clothes. I didnt go far enough but made a heck of a dent in it. I actually had space for stuff I use.

87TT

WKR
Not me! I’m keeping it all so my son can deal with it like I had to with my Dad’s stuff.😆 My Dad passed away a couple of years ago and I being the oldest and only son got to go deal with his stuff. The man never threw any thing away! The lady at the local landfill got to know me by sight. And the Senior Citizen Thrift store loved me.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Not me! I’m keeping it all so my son can deal with it like I had to with my Dad’s stuff.😆 My Dad passed away a couple of years ago and I being the oldest and only son got to go deal with his stuff. The man never threw any thing away! The lady at the local landfill got to know me by sight. And the Senior Citizen Thrift store loved me.

Exactly this, see it with taxidermy too. Your memory can hinder others. I have focused on keeping my memories to fit into a couple of jars so that I have room for new ones. Quality > quantity

Jethro6x6

FNG
I got my archery stuff,,, still,, I can not say I am officially done, as I loved it so long,, my shoulders are pretty gone, now I wear glass,s,, neither of that was an issue in the old days,, something tells me "don,t quit" just yet,,, lol... its like giving up,,,,,I just can,t .............

Swamp Fox

WKR
Exactly this, see it with taxidermy too. Your memory can hinder others. I have focused on keeping my memories to fit into a couple of jars so that I have room for new ones. Quality > quantity

You, sir, are a sick, sick man ... : ) But ambitious,, I'll give you that.

A couple of jars is a tight squeeze for a life well lived.

After you're gone, your children and family want to touch the stuff that you loved. At least I hope so. Let them figure out what they want to keep, what they will discard, and what they wish they could find of their kinsman.

Because that is one way--and possibly the only way- that they come to know you better.

I have my Dad's lighter, and his ashtray.

I wish I had his pipe.