The First Lite Beat Down

shaun

WKR
When it comes to clothing and layering systems the options are endless as I covered in my article Layering 101. This weekend I was fortunate enough to have the Fed Ex man drop off a big brown box of First Lite on my porch. First Lite has been around since 2007 and has led the industry in Merino Wool technologies. Kenton Carruth and Scott Robinson came across Merino in the Skiing world, and saw an opportunity to transition that technology into the hunting/mountaineering industry and have not looked back.

I decided to bite the bullet and pick up a complete system to run through the ringer this season. I will continue to update this thread with photos, updates and honest feed back. With hunts for 2016 ranging from the N. Brooks Range of AK to the Sonoran Desert of AZ, this system will have its work cut out and will be pushed to its limits.

For my 2016 season I will be utilizing the following:

Base:
Dobson Aerowool Briefs
Wilkin Aerowool Top
Chama 230g Top
Allegheny Merino Bottom

Insulation Layer:
Springer 400g Merino Vest
Uncompadre Puffy Jacket
Halstead Tech Fleece

Outer Wear:
Corrugate Guide Pant
Boundary Stormtight Pant
SEAK Stormtight Heavy Duty Jacket

First Impressions: While I have had limited time with everything due to working on the road this week, I was thoroughly impressed with the build quality and all fabrics used. The athletic cut on all pieces not only fits great, but minimizes any excess bunching in problem areas (such as bow arm). The corrugate guide pant blew my socks off immediately out of the gate, IMO this is the most technologically advanced hunting pant in the industry (and yes i have ran all others) the nylon fabric not only stretches more than all others, but it is every bit as tough as well. All other pieces followed suite and

As previously stated I will keep this thread updated with pictures and information pretty regularly throughout the 2016 season. If anyone has any specific questions, requests post up on thread and I will subscribe.

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited: