The Mountain Rambler is LIVE

You guys are lucky, mine shipped but with Canadian customs it can take 2-3 weeks to get things from the states! On a positive note, I got a call from Joe and Aron just because the shipping was a few days late. Cant beat dealing with a company that makes an effort to make sure their customers are happy!

They must be getting close to being caught up. Mine was scheduled to ship yesterday but I received notification today. Should have Wednesday next week!

Aron,

Is there ever the possibility of the rifle sleeve of the Rambler being added to the back of a Nomad? Maybe a custom option?

Looks like a couple Ramblers have landed in their new homes. Hopefully you guys will get to play with them this weekend and then add some pics for us to see.

I'm interested in your thoughts on the best place to carry a H2O bladder and tube. The suggestion for between some para-cord and between the stays on a Bikini sounds good but that defeats some of the ventilation advantage of the Bikini doesn't it? Between the bag and frame in the load shelf area - but will it affect compression as it empties or no big deal? Are there loops to hang a bladder inside the bag? Any loops for hanging anything inside the bag? Hang a bladder in a side pocket? Let us know what you think will work best. Thanks.

Damn you Aron, I was pretty much going to buy an Exo but after watching the Gritty Bowmen podcast (confirming for me you are a no BS kind of guy) and spending some time yesterday building dream configs at the Kifaru website, I may need to get one of these. Talking about 'chasing the rabbit' really made sense to me. I'll just lose 3 more lbs to make up the difference between the Kifaru and other UL stuff. Thinking about the Duplex frame, lid and two belt pouches. Would probably get a roll top bag at some point for extended trips. Now the tough part-convincing my wife. The way I see it, the may be the last pack I buy (well maybe add another bag down the road...)

Looks like a couple Ramblers have landed in their new homes. Hopefully you guys will get to play with them this weekend and then add some pics for us to see.

I'm interested in your thoughts on the best place to carry a H2O bladder and tube. The suggestion for between some para-cord and between the stays on a Bikini sounds good but that defeats some of the ventilation advantage of the Bikini doesn't it? Between the bag and frame in the load shelf area - but will it affect compression as it empties or no big deal? Are there loops to hang a bladder inside the bag? Any loops for hanging anything inside the bag? Hang a bladder in a side pocket? Let us know what you think will work best. Thanks.

There is the standard tabs for the chamber pocket but no water bladder tab in mine. I just set the bladder in the main bag and ran the hose out the top so far. I may try putting the bladder in one of the side pockets and use the bottom compression straps for my tripod.

Hah, I was under the impression it is an extra sewn on sleeve that might be able to be added to any of the packs. I used the Gun Bearer to haul around a heavy rifle when I killed the Stone in my picture but I'm not in love with that thing. The more mountain hunts I go on, the less I feel the need to have the rifle instantly ready. If I do it is not usually where I can't have it in my hands.

Hah, I was under the impression it is an extra sewn on sleeve that might be able to be added to any of the packs. I used the Gun Bearer to haul around a heavy rifle when I killed the Stone in my picture but I'm not in love with that thing. The more mountain hunts I go on, the less I feel the need to have the rifle instantly ready. If I do it is not usually where I can't have it in my hands.
We're looking into it, but I'm not sure yet.

Back