The new Vortex Razor HD 13-39x56mm, The Mini Razor

I ended up looking through both the kowa and this new razor and the swaro atc….and went with the Kowa. The glass on the kowa was just as good as the swaro, but the swaro’s field of view blew the kowa away. The Kowa and the Swaro glass were both noticeably better, but they are a different price point than the vortex as well. Don’t get me wrong, the new little razor was really good, just not in the same league as the other two.

Edit: just thought I would add the actual reason I went with the Kowa - I liked the extra 5x on the top and I do most of my glassing with binos on a tripod. Just use the spotter to take a closer look. Since to me the glass was the same, I opted to save a few bucks and get the Kowa.

Last edited:

BjornF16

WKR
I ended up looking through both the kowa and this new razor and the swaro atc….and went with the Kowa. The glass on the kowa was just as good as the swaro, but the swaro’s field of view blew the kowa away. The Kowa and the Swaro glass were both noticeably better, but they are a different price point than the vortex as well. Don’t get me wrong, the new little razor was really good, just not in the same league as the other two.

Edit: just thought I would add the actual reason I went with the Kowa - I liked the extra 5x on the top and I do most of my glassing with binos on a tripod. Just use the spotter to take a closer look. Since to me the glass was the same, I opted to save a few bucks and get the Kowa.
So if just taking “a closer look”, wouldn’t the Razor be good enough?

So if just taking “a closer look”, wouldn’t the Razor be good enough?
Could be - I liked the 45x on the Kowa and the Kowa and Swaro glass is pretty amazing - its a noticeable difference. I had the money, so I went Kowa. If all would have had to spend was $1000, I would have been fine with the little razor.

I am coming from the 22-48x65 razor. The kowa and swaro blew it away. The little razor was good, it had the same bluish hue that the 22-48 has. It must be a razor glass coating thing.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Could be - I liked the 45x on the Kowa and the Kowa and Swaro glass is pretty amazing - its a noticeable difference. I had the money, so I went Kowa. If all would have had to spend was $1000, I would have been fine with the little razor.

I am coming from the 22-48x65 razor. The kowa and swaro blew it away. The little razor was good, it had the same bluish hue that the 22-48 has. It must be a razor glass coating thing.
For what the mini razor is, it is pretty darn good, but it is not the atc or the kowa… hence the price

warrant

WKR
Comparison of the Razor 13-39x56 and Kowa 15-45x55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
We have a mini razor, Kowa 55 and ATC to do a comparison between each other (to see what $1500 actually gets you) and to compare to 65mm spotters (3-4 higher end) to see what ~twice the weight gains you.

I used the mini razor today as a range spotter at 100yds. Was actually really surprised by the resolution. Would easily pick up .22 cal at that range. Again not asking a lot but for size and price point was impressed.