The perfect tent (freestanding, double walled, 3-4 season, 2-3 people, under 5.5 lbs)

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I really, really like tents/design so have a few inputs here, just to react to a bit of above:

I have found the SG Skyscraper tent is a significant step above the Kuiu Mountainstar (which isn't a bad tent at all). The mountain star was a great step forward as far as layout, and focusing on the external pole design (and dry pitch during rain), but from a materials, structure and interior volume standpoint, there are some major differences with the Skyscraper. Most notably it is built to be a jack of all trades tent thorugh modularity where you can sub a solid vs netting inner, as noted above. Compared to any other 2-man tent I have used, the interior volume difference is astounding. Some other differences include pole thickness, clipped exterior vs the web truss system, interior tent type, hardware/zippers, venting, guy lines (SG/slingfin use exterior ones that connect through to structure, along with interior ones), etc.

Hillebergs are awesome - they are very robust. And the yellow label tents will most certainly do fine with shoulder season snow and more severe weather, they are very strong. Their build approach is heavy, with the 80D floors, generally thicker poles, toggles etc compared to most other tents, which is where that strength comes from. The siliconized fly material is significantly stronger than most. The interior volume on a lot of them is less than ideal.

There's loads of other good options, and for a trekking pole tent, I would take a hard look at Durston's x-mids, they are such a good and balanced design, very roomy.

Couple other good reference readings.....the Slingfin guys (ie SG tent producer/designers) are certainly disrupters, in a good way, and put out some good content on the subject.

I wouldn't take a Nemo over any of the above mentioned brands......regardless of model.