The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

JakeSCH

WKR
I've got the option to buy in to the Rivian Automotive Inc. Directed Share Program via Morgan Stanley.

Rivian is an EV company that makes delivery vehicles for Amazon and started producing trucks (R1T) and SUVs (R1S).

I'm capped at 175 shares, each share could cost anywhere from $57 to $62.

How hard should I swing on this one?

Sorry if this post doesn't work here, delete if desired.

I grabbed 25 to see how it goes.

I've got the option to buy in to the Rivian Automotive Inc. Directed Share Program via Morgan Stanley.

Rivian is an EV company that makes delivery vehicles for Amazon and started producing trucks (R1T) and SUVs (R1S).

I'm capped at 175 shares, each share could cost anywhere from $57 to $62.

How hard should I swing on this one?

Sorry if this post doesn't work here, delete if desired.
I think they were shooting for a valuation between Honda and Ford. I don't see it but maybe for swing trade on the IPO pop but that's it.

Look at this: apparently, the Tesla/Hertz deal doesn’t even have a signature yet.

So what. Bet against Tesla. Go ahead. As you can see i put a less than $5K investment in Tesla last April. I have thought about selling but I am already on the hook for a bunch of taxes for my CDEV trades. Diamond hands... Keep in mind in the early 20th century there were many automobile manufactures. How many survived?

1635992669984.png

Poser

WKR
So what. Bet against Tesla. Go ahead. As you can see i put a less than $5K investment in Tesla last April. I have thought about selling but I am already on the hook for a bunch of taxes for my CDEV trades. Diamond hands... Keep in mind in the early 20th century there were many automobile manufactures. How many survived?

View attachment 343069

I’m heavily invested in Tesla. That being said, one is left to wonder as both stocks have pumped hard since the tweet about this (pending) deal. Should it fall apart at the last minute, one could look at who really stood to gain from what might be called a premature announcement. It’s certainly curious.
May turn out to be nothing, but hardly a “so what?” Moment in the realm of trading.

I’m heavily invested in Tesla. That being said, one is left to wonder as both stocks have pumped hard since the tweet about this (pending) deal. Should it fall apart at the last minute, one could look at who really stood to gain from what might be called a premature announcement. It’s certainly curious.
May turn out to be nothing, but hardly a “so what?” Moment in the realm of trading.

One could easily argue that Hertz had way more to gain from the news than Tesla. Tesla doesn't have a demand problem. Tesla has a supply problem. They are already selling everything they can manufacture. As GigaBerlin and GigaTexas come online we might see if that can hold true but Tesla will also bring the Cyber Truck to market leveraging the new additional manufacturing capacity and that already has a big backlog of demand.

A lot of annalists still don't understand Tesla. A lot of people believe that Tesla is a car company. That is only part of the picture.

For the sake of everyone, Elon Musk much like Donald Trump should just stay off the Twitter.

NDGuy

WKR
For those of you in your 20s and 30s what are your long term holds? I am looking to move into some long holds instead of these weekly/monthly swings.

My longs are currently

ETSY
MSFT
AAPL
COIN
SQ
RBLX
ABML

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you in your 20s and 30s what are your long term holds? I am looking to move into some long holds instead of these weekly/monthly swings.

My longs are currently

ETSY
MSFT
AAPL
COIN
SQ
RBLX
ABML
Currently holding BA for the long haul when it was under $200 They've picked up some decent contracts lately. If only they could get their planes to stop falling out of the sky....

Ratbeetle

WKR
That is a solid return for sure! I picked up a bunch of options on QQQ in early October, sitting at 200% now. Will probably sell in the next couple of weeks.

QQQ is testing some heavy resistance today. Been up against a rising trend since last september and hasn't been able to push through. If it can't push through, we might see a pullback to the 360 level before it tests again.