The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
I'm tempted to buy TLRY still.....

Finally sold SAVE for over 5 percent gain. Didn't get the high today as I was on a plane but set a limit sell and sold while I was in the air.

Question, is it possible to set a limit sell for a low amount to prevent a big slide but also set a limit sell high to try to capture a higher price? Effectively you are setting a profit range to target...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, you can set a stop loss and sell order, it’s recommended 100% of the time.

Broomd

WKR
BA might finally break 140 this week
Held off with grabbing more profits today, just have a feeling there is more run to be had.
Grabbed some more NYMT after their fairly decent earnings report was ironically panic sold.

Boeing needs to sh*t or gitt'off the pot.

Last edited:

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm tempted to buy TLRY still.....

Finally sold SAVE for over 5 percent gain. Didn't get the high today as I was on a plane but set a limit sell and sold while I was in the air.

Question, is it possible to set a limit sell for a low amount to prevent a big slide but also set a limit sell high to try to capture a higher price? Effectively you are setting a profit range to target...

What broker are you using? Look up OCO “one cancels other”. Be careful of using stops. Those orders are out there for everyone to see and the big boys will manipulate it enough to steal your shares cheap.

Anyone have any thoughts on SYF? Seems like they have a solid balance sheet that should be able to continue to pay the good dividend and a great P/E. And still way below their 52 week high.

Clarktar

WKR
What broker are you using? Look up OCO “one cancels other”. Be careful of using stops. Those orders are out there for everyone to see and the big boys will manipulate it enough to steal your shares cheap.
Robinhood

starsky

FNG
Lots of emotion in stock market threads it seems.
To stay on topic, V and MA have been consistent for me. And fugging with options is fun at times, though I don’t anticipate 230% returns in a few weeks on any kind of consistent level.
Toss me in the index fund pile for 90% of it.

Heard that delist is in the offing...be careful.

Yea definitely just a day trade if anything. I caught it on an upswing yesterday on my lunch break and got out a few minutes later with $200+.
NAIL is one I’m liking that has room to grow yet. Hoping it dips today to grab more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gearguywb

WKR
I have been buying ET and OXY. They got killed with the oil price crash followed by demand fall due to Covid. Oil isn't going anywhere long term

I bought my very first options today on HAL. Didn't cost much so it won't loose much. Maybe Ill get lucky and by July oil will be back up a little more. Im done for the day. Im going out to play with my new Garmin Fenix 6X plus I just got last night.

EastMT

WKR
But I would like a tip for a 100% win!!!

The problem with those tips is that by the time someone tells you, you buy in just in time for it to drop and lose 10-20%. It happens fast, heck I’ve been setting a stop lose before and cashed out before I could get it set, it gets crazy